Polygon is looking to hire an Associate General Counsel, Regulatory to join the team.
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 7000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, ~100M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
Polygon Studios (“PS”) is the facilitator of NFTs, blockchain gaming and decentralized metaverse applications on the Polygon network. Part venture studio, with access to a $100m fund it deploys as a strategic investor in Web3 decentralized applications and infrastructure, part business development firm that helps legacy IP holders develop and implement Web3 strategy, PS mission is to position Polygon as the go-to platform for those who want to venture into Web3.
The PS Legal Department is building a team to support its rapidly growing business and seeking an experienced high-judgment attorney to work closely with the business, legal, and compliance teams on regulatory, strategic, and sensitive issues across the PS business. You will report to the General Counsel and be responsible for owning important projects within PS on novel legal issues.
- Managing high-priority, sensitive projects within PS. This includes providing legal advice as well as developing and implementing regulatory and policy strategy.
- Quickly synthesizing information from a variety of sources to frame policy decisions and communicate clear updates and recommendations to PS leadership.
- Proactively identifying and assessing potential risks and providing recommendations in coordination with stakeholders and subject matter experts (including outside counsel).
- Assisting with other areas of legal support for the PS business including negotiating and executing deals with PS partners.
- Keeping well informed of trends in the Web3, entertainment/media and gaming industries and areas of law relating to technology, intellectual property, and information security/data privacy in the Web3, blockchain, and cryptocurrency space.
What you need to succeed
- J.D. degree from a top tier law school and admission to at least one state bar
- 8+ years of experience at a reputable law firm, in-house, and/or regulatory/government agency
- Substantive legal experience working on regulatory and policy matters in Web3, blockchain, and cryptocurrency and/or FinTech strongly preferred
- Strong interest in and substantive knowledge of policy matters relating to Web3, blockchain, and cryptocurrency
- Deep familiarity with financial regulatory (SEC, CFTC, FINRA etc.) matters
- Excellent academic credentials and references
- Comfort navigating rapidly changing and ambiguous environments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and must be collaborative and team oriented
- A strategic thinker and highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and juggle competing priorities effectively
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills, and the ability to interact productively with other attorneys and staff, in-house client groups and outside counsel
- Work from anywhere (Remote first)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Salary
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.