MakerDAO is looking to hire a Backend Engineer < Chronicle Labs > Maker Oracles to join the team.
Chronicle Labs is funded by MakerDAO and is responsible for the development and adoption of the Chronicle Protocol, the blockchain-agnostic infrastructure layer for truth.
Chronicle Oracles act as arbiters of trust that provide data with integrity guarantees to blockchain applications. Chronicle Oracles have been live since 2016 and secure the over $10B in MakerDAO as well as other top DeFi protocols.
What we are looking for A mid-level, backend engineer, to work with some of our existing team members, on adding new assets and feeds into our Oracle Service, enhancing our protocol and integrating with external platforms and services.Ideally, you will have a solid understanding of microservices architecture, distributed systems, low-level code, and different API frameworks. We need someone who is highly comfortable with Go, takes a lot of autonomy in their work, as we are in a remote setting, and would like to be in the weeds of blockchain and the web3 universe.
- Evolve the architecture of our data ecosystem as we scale the number of data sources interact with
- Architect and design components/service layers to sustainability scale as the number of blockchains/assets we support.
- Write services to poll data from traditional APIs, WebSockets and on-chain sources
- Evolve the architecture of our data ecosystem as we scale the amount of data sources we integrate with
- Provide support for integrating partners making use of our Oracle service
- Own the data ingestion of data sources that power our oracle price feeds.
- 5+ years of professional software development
- 3+ years of Golang experience
- Extensive background working with WebServices
- Experience with test-driven development and the use of testing frameworks
- Experience developing complex web applications/services and backend APIs
- Knowledge of systems design concepts
- Experience with distributed systems and/or container orchestration
- Strong communication skills, specifically giving/receiving constructive feedback in a collaborative setting
- B.S. or higher in computer science, software engineering or related technical field
You will stand out if
- Have prior experience with blockchain technologies or oracles
- Have interacted with on-chain and off-chain data
- Understand the Web3 technical stack
- Are eager to learn and apply yourself in a small and dynamic team
What we offer
- An opportunity to work with veterans in the crypto space building on the bleeding-edge of technology. Working on supporting some of the largest initiatives in Web3.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible payment options: USD / EUR / DAI
- Cryptocurrency bonuses
- 6 weeks vacation
- Remote working environment
- Flexible schedule
- Three offsites per year to meet up with the team