Gro Protocol is looking to hire a Backend Engineer, Solidity to join the team. This is a full-time position in London or remote.
Developer who's buzzing about DeFi?
We are looking for a super star (super-smart and super-technical) Backend Engineer to help us build and Gro our products 💫
This is an opportunity to be involved from the ground up on the core design and implementation of a new DeFi fintech system. As a key member of our engineering team you will be responsible for implementing and designing smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain and also developing related back end systems that interact with these contracts.
We build new DeFi products that combine the technological innovation of blockchain and the best of traditional finance. We bridge the worlds of DeFi and legacy banking to create solutions that didn’t exist in either before. We believe there is a change happening for the better in the world of financial technology, and we want to be part of it!
You are joining just after our latest product launch, so will have the chance to get stuck in right at a really exciting stage of our journey. We've raised a great round and are building a strong team as we move onwards and upwards.
We are based in London so you can join us there or work remotely.
What you'll do
- Work as a member of our engineering team to build and develop the Gro protocol and products
- Design, implement and improve Solidity Ethereum smart contracts 🧾
- Design and implement back-end systems that interact with these contracts and with client front-ends
We'd love to hear from you if you have the following
- 4+ years of server side/back end engineering experience in an industry-standard programming language
- Interest in post-modern blockchain agriculture & the latest DeFi developments
- BA or BSc degree in Computer Science or a related technical field from a top university, or equivalent practical experience
- Fluent written and spoken English
Extra bits that we also like to hear
- Experience developing smart contracts in Solidity (non-professional experience is great as well!)
- Strong understanding of dApps and the Ethereum Virtual Machine ⛓
- Contributions to open source projects (we love people who love github!)
- Preference for working under an Agile process methodology
- Experience working with distributed development teams in fintech
- Keenness to work in a fast paced start-up environment with a global team 🌎
At Gro we really believe that we can have a positive impact on people around the world by challenging historical approaches and norms. In particular we think that the efficiencies made possible in financial services through technological innovation should benefit its customers more.
We obsess about customer satisfaction and building something epic together. We are building a diverse team and welcome applicants from any background.
The fun stuff!
- Compensation at Gro is competitive in today’s market and includes salary, equity and token rewards
- We have a swanky office space in Soho, London for those in commuting distance (we like to meet up now and then on Mondays or Thursdays)...BUT…
- We are remote first! Our teams are globally distributed throughout London, Berlin, Barcelona, Shanghai and Chengdu
- We are a truly multicultural team 🇸🇪🇪🇸🇺🇦🇨🇳🇬🇧🇵🇱🇩🇪🇦🇱🇦🇺
- Gro is a dynamic, early stage unit where ambition meets high performance - ultimately, we’re just a bunch of nice people who work hard and have a good time!
Not the perfect fit?