Maple is looking to hire a Backend Web Engineer team to join the team.
Developed to solve the inefficiencies seen in traditional systems, Maple brings the corporate credit market 100% on-chain using smart contracts to remove time and cost frictions, and executed on blockchains for immutability.
Maple Finance is infrastructure for experts (pool delegates) to run on-chain lending businesses, and have three core customers Borrowers, Lenders and Pool Delegates. Maple offers Borrowers transparent, capital-efficient financing. For Lenders, Maple offers a sustainable yield source through lending to diversified pools of crypto’s premium institutions. Loans are managed and underwritten by sophisticated teams of credit analysts called Pool Delegates, who assess credit-worthiness and set loan terms with Borrowers.
Today the Maple team is 40+ strong, with staff from BlockFi, Kraken, Meta, Bank of America, Gemini and MakerDAO to name just a few blue-chip orgs. Team profiles are shared on our site here!
Remote anywhere in EST or Europe
We are looking for a mature and talented Senior Web Developer that has several years' of first-rate commercial experience. The position requires you to have a deep understanding of Web3 and Ethereum. You will be working with six other developers on the Off Chain team in agile, two-week sprints on the evolution of the web application.
This is a critical position requiring you to take ownership of multiple tasks and resolve technical roadblocks as they emerge. You’ll be truly passionate about the craft of software development. The role demands the highest standards of tested, linted and formatted code. We are a fully remote team located across Europe and the Americas. We have two daily stand ups at 10am CET and 9:30am EST, this ensures suiting the individual team members core working hours.
This role puts the right candidate at the heart of a Global Capital Markets platform for the future of Institutional Credit and they will heavily impact/influence the further development of it over the coming years.
We require a developer with high Code Quality standards to match the scope of our vision to expand the digital economy. In this role you will build the innovative features that our users will find the most valuable. To achieve this you will be using the most cutting edge tech & tools available, in these fast exciting times of Web3 exploration!
- Build clean, maintainable, and well-tested backend code (TypeScript, Node, GraphQL, AssemblyScript)
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Engineering teams to define, prioritize and develop solutions/features
- Own and plan projects and products end to end for long-term impact – including APIs, backend, testing, etc.
- Contribute highly performant web3 code with a strong focus on security.
- Follow Test Driven Development process
- Monitoring and improving backend performance.
- Documenting application changes and developing updates.
- Demonstrated coding experience with Web3 and Ethereum development tools, languages, and libraries, such as Ethers.js, Hardhat, etc..
- Experience with The Graph Protocol, building and deploying Sub-Graphs
- Advanced knowledge of Node and GraphQL APIs
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Deep understanding of software documentation procedures
- Preference for Test Driven Development (TDD) and highly testable code
- Fluency in English
What's in it for you:
- Base salary paid in your choice of crypto (USDC) or local fiat currency;
- MPL token allocation, giving you a alignment with Maple’s long term success
- 30 days paid time off per year
- Fully remote and flexible working giving you the autonomy to live and work your way
- Optional access to shared working space at your local WeWork or equivalent
- Contract or full time employment opportunities including all local statutory benefits
- Fully transparent and collaborative team culture
- Funding for personal skills development
- Annual team offsite events
Last but not Least!
With our current 7 lending pools collectively having almost $1B in TVL across the Ethereum and Solana applications, and further pools imminent, now is the time to join the most exciting project in DeFi.
Since our launch in 2021 we've been building strong partnerships with Circle, Alameda Research, Framework, Polychain, Wintermute, Orthogonal Trading, Maven 11, BlockTower, Celcius, X-Margin and more. Having found product-market fit, Maple is focused on growth in 2022 and aims to reach $5BN in TVL by year end.
If you subscribe to the values of Maple - Personal Ownership, Focused Execution, User Prioritisation, Innovative Mindset - and want to be part of a collaborative culture focused on bringing Global Finance into the future, then we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your application and will be in touch after having a chance to review.
In the meantime, here are some links to more information about Maple to help you check us out: