CoW Protocol is looking to hire Backend/Research Engineer to join the team.
About CoW DAO
- CoW Protocol is on a mission to create the fairest and most efficient venue for exchanging digital assets on all EVM-compatible chains. Since launching 2 years ago, we have passed $23bn (yes, billion) in trade volume and become the 2nd most popular DEX Aggregator on the market -- aiming for #1.
- We are an ambitious, fast-growing, and international team working at the forefront of DeFi.
- We believe that we can make markets both more efficient and fair by building the ultimate batch auction settlement layer across EVM-compatible blockchains.
- Protection from MEV. CoW Protocol is the industry leader in protecting users from frontrunning and sandwich attacks, which lose traders thousands of dollars every day. It does this by matching trades peer-to-peer and leveraging batch auctions [→] so trade order becomes irrelevant.
By joining us at this early stage, you will make fundamental decisions that will make fundamental decisions that will shape the course of the CoW Protocol.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated backend/research engineer who is fluent in rust to help us build the next generation of decentralized trading protocols. As part of the Innovation Team, you will be exposed to the newest development of the blockchain space. You will build prototypes for new business cases such as multi-chain swaps or adapt the current protocol for new chains. Furthermore, you will be responsible for ensuring that new features/systems are built in a reliable and maintainable manner with the rest of the team. To ensure the compatibility of new ideas with the current system, you will interact with many of the other groups within CowSwap.
You will have the opportunity to work with us in one of our existing co-working spaces in Berlin or Lisbon. Alternatively, you can join us as a remote employee and work from your hometown, where we can also provide membership for a local coworking space.
What you will do
- Develop new ideas and features to make the Cowswap experience better: this involves building prototypes and expanding our Rust backend infrastructure, as well as writing new smart contracts and scripts in TypeScript
- Extend the reach of Cowswap by deploying to new blockchains or L2- systems: Smart contract adaptions, Backend infrastructure features and integrations
- Research new business use-cases
- Work closely with researchers and product managers to investigate current use-cases and come up with new solutions for challenging technological problems
- Deliver high-quality code for features from concept until production
- Provide insight on your code: define Grafana metrics to monitor the health of our production systems
- Give thoughtful and in-depth code reviews of your colleagues’ contributions to our open source codebase
Who you are
- You have 3+ years of experience in software development, preferably in a system engineering language like Rust
- You have excellent computer science, programming, and algorithmic skills
- You care deeply about the quality and readability of your code
- You proactively give technical direction such as improving performance, preventing issues, data usage, refactoring the codebase
- You are a team player, strong communicator, and love to share your knowledge with others
- You collaborate effectively with a remote-first team on a large, open-source codebase
- You are enthusiastic about web3
It’s a plus if you bring:
- Experience within the blockchain space
- Experience with smart contract development in solidity
- Experience with architecting complex software systems
Benefits & Perks
⚖️. Flexible work environment: join one of our hubs in Berlin or Lisbon or work remotely with the option of joining a local co-working space
✈️ Regular trips to reunite with the rest of the team
🙌 High level of autonomy, independency and ownership
🏫 Conference budget to keep up to date with the developments of the ecosystem
📚 Learning budget to support your higher ambitions
🚀 Work alongside the biggest projects and names of the space
👩🏻💻 Is there something that interests you outside of your core tasks?→ Engineers can use your Friday afternoons on research or any side project in our ecosystem
🎯 Impact: you are joining a startup where you can make a huge difference. Your work matters!
📈 But most importantly - grow with us! We're growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do.