Gitcoin is looking to hire a Chief of Staff to the Executive Director at Gitcoin. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Open source software delivers billions of dollars per year in economic value, but those contributing often aren’t properly incentivized or compensated for their work. This is the problem Gitcoin originally set out to solve, and now, 5 years later, we are the largest Quadratic Funding experiment in the world empowering communities to fund their shared needs.
Gitcoin is made up of the DAO and protocol that serves as the funding mechanism for much of the Ethereum ecosystem. We have helped builders raise over $65mm by enabling institutions and the community to fund each other with cryptocurrency. This means, gone are the days of relying on user-extraction (or ad!) models to build and sustain products that are so common in web2.
We are searching for an experienced chief of staff to implement strategy, increase our team’s efficiency and serve as a sounding board for a number of key leaders. Gitcoin has a community of hundreds of thousands of builders, all of whom are interested in growing web3 projects and technology. This role will position you in the middle of this ecosystem, shoulder to shoulder with other humble leaders who want to see economic value pushed to the edges of the network.
This role requires a self-starter with a deep understanding of how to organize people and processes into collectives that move in the same direction. The ideal candidate has CoS experience, and understands how to work with executive teams and still serve the newest users. Experience in web3 is not required, but highly desired. We expect you to manage important projects, help other leaders become more organized, facilitate daily operations across the DAO, build and nurture relationships within the DAO to ensure fruitful cross-pollination and success across DAO initiatives and more generally lean into ambiguity.
“A good CoS knows which relationships are most important to the leader’s and DAO’s agenda.”
Responsibilities for Chief of Staff
Gitcoin has a need for all three levels as outlined here. Your experience will help us “level” you and set appropriate work expectations. A level 3 candidate should assume they will also have the skills to function at level 1 and level 2 when needed.
Gitcoin is a global organization with contributors in nearly every time zone. This role will require someone to be in or near the US east coast time zone however.
Our core contributors:
- Understand the ambitions and goals of GitcoinDAO, Ethereum and web3 in general and how they function on a high level.
- Agree that a passionate, inclusive, collaborative team of missionaries always outperforms a loose group of individual mercenaries.
- Are passionate about people and the transformative potential of open source software, blockchain, and disruptive technologies common in web3.
- Get things done and when they can't get them done, communicate why and what they need to get unblocked.
- Are persistent in the face of roadblocks. They take the initiative to fix issues.
- Are comfortable jumping into an unfamiliar space and navigating uncertainty (and a little chaos).
- Are committed to goals, sometimes determined by themselves and often determined collaboratively, and flexible on tactics.