Aave is looking to hire a Community Advocate to join the team. This is a full-time position that is located in London or remote.
The Aave Companies are focused on innovation in Web3, and have cultivated a thriving, collaborative culture. Valuing expertise and dedication, the Aave fam is welcoming, passionate, and eager to build great products. We celebrate differences and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool...and we're hiring!
We are looking for a crypto-native and governance-focused member of the Web3 community to join us as our very first in-house Community Advocate.
As protocols in the space become more decentralised, community governance plays a larger role in their development and operations. It is increasingly important for Web3-native companies to be an active and contributing force in the ecosystem. This role will be an advocate for composability and cross-collaboration between DAOs and other Web3 stakeholders.
The ideal candidate is Web3-native and active in the space (contributing member to a DAO(s), for example), and has a formal background in researching and writing long-form discursive content and analysing different viewpoints and ideas.
- Represent the Aave Companies' values and mission, signalling our stances across the Web3 ecosystem through writing governance proposals, participating in discourse and other means.
- Stay current regarding discourse and proposals on the Aave Governance forum and in the Aave Protocol ecosystem.
- Compile regular digests and weekly roundups of activity in the Aave DAO and across the DeFi and Web3 space.
- Campaigning for integrations and upgrades to existing ecosystem infrastructure.
- Connecting and networking with new DAOs and new communities to expand the reach of the company and spur future developments.
- Assist the team in researching and building DAO tools for the community.
- Outstanding writing and communication skills (especially with long-form discursive content).
- Portfolio of relevant work.
- Experience contributing to DAOs and strong familiarity with the philosophy that DAOs operate under.
- Existing connections and knowledge of the industry and key players.
- Highly organised and detail-oriented.
- Data analysis and research skills are a plus.
- BA in Politics or Economics or relevant field.
- Flexible working with office based in Central London (W11) or remote
- Private health care
- 5 weeks of paid holiday
- Front-row seat in the development of a new Web3 future and new job category
- Innovation-driven work environment