Uniswap is hiring a Community Lead
The Uniswap Protocol is the largest decentralized trading and automated market making protocol (often called a DEX, “Decentralized Exchange”) on Ethereum.
The Uniswap Labs team was a major contributor to the Uniswap Protocol and now focuses on building a suite of products to support the Uniswap ecosystem. Our team is one of the most impactful in crypto. We are based out of SoHo in New York City with the option to be partially or fully remote depending on the position.
The Uniswap community is one of the most impactful groups, inclusive of everyone from developers to traders. We’re looking for a Community Lead with a strong understanding of Ethereum, DeFi fundamentals, decentralized communities and community-building tools to support and engage with the Uniswap community.
This role will be a highly visible role in the organization and in the broader ecosystem. You will not only manage our day-to-day online presence, you will also be responsible for keeping your finger on the pulse of what’s happening in the DeFi and greater crypto space. You wil help with hiring and training a team of global community managers. You should love community-building and have a knack for developing online relationships. You will be joining a lean team, and this role will have a lot of autonomy-- you should be a self-starter and be capable of self-directed work. This role will be impactful to our ever-growing community - reinventing what a community is at the heart of crypto.
Most importantly, you should care deeply about the mission of decentralized communities and decentralized finance and always be thinking of creative ways to help spread the word.
- Understand Uniswap’s tone and messaging and apply this by engaging with users on twitter and in our discord
- Deep technical understanding of Uniswap’s mechanisms and ability to answer questions and speak to users and integration partners
- Manage support requests
- Attend virtual and in person conferences and hackathons, support hackers, and generally engage with the developer community around Uniswap
- Create fun community engagement programs, such as giveaways or virtual events
- Host a monthly Uniswap community call
- Manage our mailing list and create periodic newsletter updates
- Create dank memes
- Develop new wants of engaging with our users and community
- Work with the business development team to turn community engagement into active BD opportunities
- Thought leadership on issues in the DeFi space via twitter and the Uniswap blog
- Experience working in community management for a crypto project
- Organizational skills
- Self-directed worker
- Ability to respond very quickly across all of our platforms
- Sense of humor
Nice to have
- Degree in computer science/self-taught engineer
- Active following on twitter
- Existing relationships in the crypto space
- Fondness for the color pink
- Love for unicorns :)
Uniswap Lab's benefits include unlimited and encouraged time off, 100% company-paid medical, dental, & vision for you and your dependents, 401(k) participation, daily lunches at NY headquarters, and for remote employees: up to $2,000 USD home office setup stipend (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Uniswap Labs welcomes all qualified persons to apply regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. This is a full time role which includes health insurance and other benefits.