Polygon is looking to hire a Business Development Manager - Games - Polygon Studios to join the team.
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 7000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, ~100M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
Polygon Studios (“PS”) is the facilitator of NFTs, blockchain gaming and decentralized metaverse applications on the Polygon network. Part venture studio, with access to a $100m fund it deploys as a strategic investor in Web3 decentralized applications and infrastructure, part business development firm that helps legacy IP holders develop and implement Web3 strategy, PS mission is to position Polygon as the go-to platform for those who want to venture into Web3.
The PS Legal Department is building a team to support its rapidly growing business and seeking an experienced, high-judgment, and versatile attorney to work closely with the business development, marketing, and other stakeholder teams at PS. You will report to the General Counsel and be responsible for owning and executing on key deals as well as working on a variety of other important projects.
o Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of agreements, including agreements with top tier developers across the gaming and entertainment industries.
o Proactively identifying and assessing potential risks and providing recommendations to the business and other stakeholders that balance business opportunities against corresponding legal, financial, operational, and reputational risk.
o Seeking opportunities to help the business operate faster and more autonomously, while managing risk at scale.
o Assisting with other areas of legal support for Polygon across a variety of subject matter areas.
o Keeping well informed of trends in the Web3, entertainment/media and gaming industries.
- J.D. degree from a top tier law school and admission to at least one state bar
- 6+ years of experience at a reputable law firm and/or in-house
- Superior negotiation and drafting skills, as well as deep knowledge of contract terms
- Substantive legal experience working on transactions in Web3, blockchain, and cryptocurrency and/or FinTech preferred
- Excellent academic credentials and references
- Comfort navigating rapidly changing and ambiguous environments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and must be collaborative and team oriented
- A strategic thinker and highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and juggle competing priorities effectively
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills, and the ability to interact productively with other attorneys and staff, in-house client groups and outside counsel
Base pay for this position will be approx. $200-300k
- Work from anywhere (Remote first)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Salary
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.