Polygon is looking to hire a Corporate Paralegal - Polygon Studios to join the team.
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 7000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, ~100M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
Polygon Studios (“PS”) is the facilitator of NFTs, blockchain gaming and decentralized metaverse applications on the Polygon network. Part venture studio, with access to a $100m fund it deploys as a strategic investor in Web3 decentralized applications and infrastructure, part business development firm that helps legacy IP holders develop and implement Web3 strategy, PS mission is to position Polygon as the go-to platform for those who want to venture into Web3.
The PS Legal Department is building a team to support its rapidly growing business and seeking an experienced high-judgment paralegal to work closely with the business and legal teams across the PS business. You’ll work closely with attorneys to manage legal projects and contract pipelines. You'll also assist with or lead scaling and operational projects that will help streamline processes and allow the business to move quickly. You will collaborate closely with business teams, legal colleagues, and outside counsel to execute on a variety of critical tasks.
· Providing broad legal support for the PS business, including reviewing, drafting and negotiating various contracts across the PS business.
· Managing high-priority legal-related projects within PS.
· Project managing multiple in-flight projects, including working with teams to communicate deadlines, unblock issues, and liaise with outside counsel to deliver results.
· Collaborating with various stakeholders and other legal colleagues to solve problems, build partnerships, and accomplish critical business objectives.
· Keeping well informed of the PS business, including Polygon Technology product offerings as well as trends in the Web3, entertainment/media and gaming industries and cryptocurrency space.
- BA / BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of experience working as a paralegal, contract manager or legal assistant in a large law firm or in-house. Experience in Web3, blockchain, and cryptocurrency and/or FinTech is a plus
- Passion to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems and build scalable processes
- Interest in matters relating to Web3, blockchain, and cryptocurrency
- Comfort navigating high-growth, rapidly changing environments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and must be collaborative and team oriented
- A strategic thinker and highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and juggle competing priorities effectively
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to interact productively with legal professionals, members of the business team, and outside counsel
- Work from anywhere (Remote first)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Salary
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.