Polygon is looking to hire a Counsel, IP and Entertainment to join the team.
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 7000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, ~100M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
Polygon Studios (“PS”) is the facilitator of NFTs, blockchain gaming and decentralized metaverse applications on the Polygon network. Part venture studio, with access to a $100m fund it deploys as a strategic investor in Web3 decentralized applications and infrastructure, part business development firm that helps legacy IP holders develop and implement Web3 strategy, PS mission is to position Polygon as the go-to platform for those who want to venture into Web3.
We are in search of an experienced transactional attorney to provide legal counsel and support to our growing business development, marketing, and product teams. This role reports directly to the General Counsel and would have the primary function of subject matter expertise over trademark, copyright and open source strategy, as well as supporting teams on general commercial matters. We need an attorney with strong judgment who can help the organization scale in a high-velocity, collaborative environment. You will be working on some of the most cutting-edge and interesting legal, technical and business issues involving cryptocurrencies and blockchain technologies.
- Take ownership over intellectual property matters (with an emphasis on trademarks, copyrights, and open source) across Polygon
- Provide strategic legal advice and counsel on a variety of licensing, intellectual property, commercial and other legal topics.
- Create and maintain intellectual property and other policies across business development, marketing, and product teams.
- Draft and negotiate Web3, entertainment/media and gaming-related agreements including in the entertainment, sports, music, artwork (including NFTs), fashion, media marketing (e.g., influencers and talent), events, and e-commerce industries.
- Keep well informed of trends in the Web3, entertainment/media and gaming industries and areas of law relating to technology, intellectual property and information security/data privacy.
What you need to succeed:
- J.D. degree and admission to a state bar
- 6+ years of transactional experience with a combination of reputable law firm and in-house experience
- Substantive work in and knowledge of IP matters, preferably with experience in the Web3, entertainment/media and gaming industries
- Strong interest in Web3 and blockchain
- Superior drafting and negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and must be collaborative and team-oriented
- A strategic thinker and highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and juggle competing priorities effectively
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills, and the ability to interact productively with other attorneys and staff, in-house client groups and outside counsel
- Work from anywhere (Remote first)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Salary