Polygon is looking to hire a Counsel, IP and Entertainment - Polygon Studios to join the team.
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 7000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, ~100M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
Polygon Studios (“PS”) is the facilitator of NFTs, blockchain gaming and decentralized metaverse applications on the Polygon network. Part venture studio, with access to a $100m fund it deploys as a strategic investor in Web3 decentralized applications and infrastructure, part business development firm that helps legacy IP holders develop and implement Web3 strategy, PS mission is to position Polygon as the go-to platform for those who want to venture into Web3.
The PS Legal Department is in search of an experienced Web3, entertainment/media and gaming transactional attorney to provide legal counsel and contracting support to its growing team of business development and marketing professionals.
- Drafting and negotiating Web3-, entertainment/media- and gaming-related documentation, including term sheets/memoranda of understanding, investment agreements, endorsements, intellectual property licensing (with an emphasis on trademarks and copyrights), • • • SaaS agreements, consulting services agreements, sponsorships and various agreements in the entertainment, sports, music, artwork (including NFTs), fashion, media marketing (e.g., influencers and talent), events, and e-commerce industries.
- Providing strategic legal advice and counsel on a variety of licensing, intellectual property, commercial, general commercial matters and other legal topics.
- Preparing standardized master agreements for enterprise-wide use.
- Keeping well informed of trends in the Web3, entertainment/media and gaming industries and areas of law relating to technology, intellectual property and information security/data privacy.
What you need to succeed:
- J.D. degree from a top tier law school and admission to a state bar required
- 5+ years of technology transactional experience at a reputable law firm and/or comparable in-house experience
- Substantive work in and knowledge of the Web3, entertainment/media and gaming industries
- Excellent academic credentials and references
- Superior drafting and negotiating skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and must be collaborative and team oriented
- A strategic thinker and highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and juggle competing priorities effectively
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills, and the ability to interact productively with other attorneys and staff, in-house client groups and outside counsel
- Familiarity with financial regulatory (SEC, CFTC, FINRA etc.) matters
- Work from anywhere (Remote first)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Salary
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.