Origin Protocol is looking to hire a Data Engineer to join the team.
Origin Protocol's mission is to bring NFTs and DeFi to the masses and reach the next 100M users in crypto.
Our flagship products are Origin Story (www.story.xyz), the NFT platform that has powered multiple record-breaking NFT sales, and OUSD (www.ousd.com), the first stablecoin that earns yield automatically while in users' wallets. Our NFT value accrual token, OGN, is traded globally on Coinbase, Binance, Huobi, and other exchanges (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/origin-protocol/). Our OUSD governance token, OGV, recently launched and is available on Huobi, Gate.io, and other top exchanges (https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/origin-dollar-governance).
We are looking for a seasoned Data Engineer to start our Business Intelligence/Data team. You will be the first team member in this new function. You should be obsessed with driving data-driven decisions and empowering cross-functional teams (e.g. product, design, business development) across all our business units to more effectively reach and surpass their objectives using data.
Example initiatives may include:
- Scraping data from NFT smart contracts and analytics aggregators to inform the Story BD team of new market trends
- Doing analysis on sustainability of DeFi yields across protocols (including cross-chain) to assist the OUSD engineering team on viability of new earning strategies.
- Tracking and analyzing top wallet holders of OGN, OGV, and OUSD to figure out how best to increase our token ownership amongst HODLers and whales
- Creating scripts to scan the Ethereum mempool to enable our Investments and Finance team to detect trading opportunities.
- Performing data-driven competitive analysis
You should be a creative and tenacious problem solver who sweats the details and has a bit of mischievousness in searching for valuable data. You should have experience pulling data from on-chain sources, public and private APIs, and web scraping. SQL should be the language you dream in, and you should love producing concise and informative dashboards for cross-functional teams.
- 5+ years in data engineering
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (Python, Node.js, ...)
- Strong command of SQL
- A proven track record of sourcing, transforming and analyzing data
- Strong intellectual honesty - data is stronger than opinions
- Proven interest in NFTs and/or DeFi is a strong plus
- Bonus points for significant contributions to open-source project(s)
- Strong communication skills are particularly important as we are a fully distributed team
How to apply
Apply below and be sure to tell us:
- Why you are a good fit for this job
- Links to your LinkedIn, your Github, your public social media profiles, or website
- Examples of your previous work
Compensation and benefits
You will be paid a competitive salary and a cryptocurrency grant of Origin Tokens (OGN) and Origin Dollar Governance (OGV). We offer health, dental, and vision insurance.
Origin is a well-funded decentralized crypto project, raising over $38M from Pantera Capital, Foundation Capital, Spartan Group, BlockTower Capital, HackVC, Sora, 1kx, and other top crypto venture firms. Our angels include Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Alexis Ohanian (co-founder of Reddit), and Garry Tan (managing partner of Initialized Capital).
The core team of ~30 includes a PayPal founder, 1st YouTube employee, and product and engineering managers/leads from Google, Dropbox, Palo Alto Networks, Pinterest, Coinbase, and other iconic companies.
The Origin community includes hundreds of thousands of community members, hundreds of open-source contributors, and several projects building on top of DeFi product OUSD. On the NFT front, we count Paris Hilton as an investor and advisor. We've worked with top crypto and mainstream talent, including Trevor Jones, Alotta Money, KSHMR, Don Diablo, Inspiration4/SpaceX, 3LAU, and Jake Paul.