CoW Protocol is looking to hire a Data Engineering Team Lead to join the team.
About CoW DAO
CowDAO is an open organization of developers, traders, market makers and many more community members aligned with its vision. CowDAO is focused on fair and decentralized trading systems - in particular, building, maintaining and advancing the Cow Protocol. Cow Protocol technology powers a network of traders and solvers, enabling trustless and efficient peer-to-peer trading. Leveraging batch auctions as a key concept uniquely positions Cow Protocol as native trading infrastructure for discrete-time settlement layers like Ethereum and enables fair and accessible trading to its users.
CoW Protocol is on a mission to create the most fair and efficient venue for exchanging assets on all EVM compatible chains. Since launching a year ago, we have passed $12bn (yes, billion) in trade volume, and become the 4th most popular DEX Aggregator on the market -- now we're aiming for #1. If you are a high-performing team player who wants to work on some of the most-important problems in Ethereum (MEV protection, batch auctions, and more), we want to talk to you!
About the role
We are looking for a Data Engineering Manager, supporting our data team and helping our product, business and marketing teams make better, data driven decisions. You will manage the data team and work with engineers and product specialists across the company to help us compile, analyze and visualize relevant data about our product and relevant market trends.
What you’ll do
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to inform product and business decisions and marketing content.
- Help the data team to grow, plan and prioritize their initiatives for maximum impact across the company.
- Together with experienced engineers on the team, architect and build our data engineering infrastructure for long term sustainability and success.
- Proactively suggest new types of data that provide relevant insights to the product/business/marketing team.
- Proactively observe and present trends and new insights to the wider team.
- Ensure easy access to relevant data trends for all team members.
- Connect with the Ethereum community, follow trends and stay up to date about new analytical tools that help extract relevant data from Ethereum.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience at a rapidly growing start-up or scale-up, partly in a leadership role
- You are obsessed with numbers and a strong believer in data driven decision making
- Familiarity with the following software/tools:
- Proficiency in querying databases and using statistical computer languages (SQL, GraphQL, Pandas etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Dune Analytics etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, yet also able to multi-task and work independently.
Benefits & Perks
⚖️. Flexible work environment: join one of our hubs in Berlin or Lisbon or work remotely with the option of joining a local co-working space
✈️ Regular trips to reunite with the rest of the team
🙌 High level of autonomy, independency and ownership
🏫 Conference budget to keep up to date with the developments of the ecosystem
📚 Learning budget to support your higher ambitions
🚀 Work alongside the biggest projects and names of the space
👩🏻💻 Is there something that interests you outside of your core tasks?→ Engineers can use your Friday afternoons on research or any side project in our ecosystem
🎯 Impact: you are joining a startup where you can make a huge difference. Your work matters!
📈 But most importantly - grow with us! We're growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do.