We are a multi-chain NFT Platform, pushing boundaries on Solana, Ethereum, Polygon, and Bitcoin! Our mission is to be a destination for discovery, self-expression, and ownership across digital cultures. Working at Magic Eden is a chance to dig in deep and to grow. We embrace fear, show up for each other with empathy and care, and embody a build-first culture. We ship first, improve always. We’re backed by Sequoia, Paradigm, Electric Capital, Lightspeed Ventures and many more.
Our love for NFTs created a deep desire and long-run mission: mass adoption. We want to bring NFTs to people’s everyday life and onboard the next billion users to the blockchain. To do that, we want to cover the ecosystem at large, regardless of chains! We believe Magic Eden will be the default destination for creators and collectors on web3.
- Manage our SQL and NoSQL databases, ensuring optimal performance, high availability, and data integrity.
- Optimize and tune database queries and perform query analysis to improve overall system performance.
- Implement and maintain data security measures, including access controls, encryption, and backups, to safeguard sensitive data.
- Collaborate with data scientists to design and implement scalable data processing and analytics workflows using Databricks.
- Monitor the health and performance of data infrastructure components, proactively identifying and resolving issues or bottlenecks.
Who you are:
- Experienced managing SQL and NoSQL databases in production environments
- Proficient in SQL and experienced with performance optimization techniques for relational databases.
- Proficient in at least one programming language like Python, golang, or Node.js for scripting and automation tasks.
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with blockchain technologies and related concepts
- Experience with any of AWS, K8S, TypeScript, Rust
Pay & Benefits:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Flexible PTO, 7 company holidays and 4 floating holidays
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- Wellness and work from home allowance
- Remote-first company
- 401k plan (in the US)
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. The base salary range for this role is $120K to $210K. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Magic Eden’s equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Magic Eden
Magic Eden is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Magic Eden believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Magic Eden also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Magic Eden’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
This employer participates in E-Verify.