About the Role
As a Design Lead on the Core Doodles team, you’ll be working alongside product, creative, and engineering teams to design delightful and brand-consistent UIs for our digital experiences. This role is highly collaborative and creative, so get ready to work with some of the best and brightest animators, illustrators, and other creative minds in the industry!
Doodles is a lifestyle and distributed media company, grounded in immersive storytelling and inclusive engagement, powered by cutting-edge tech. Our mission is to inspire belief in the idea that doodling has the power to ignite our imagination and transport us to new realities. Come join the team coloring the world with joy!
What You’ll Do
- Execute at every stage of the design lifecycle from ideation to delivery, and ensure a delightful user experience is achieved for our users.
- Collaborate with engineers and business stakeholders to understand technical requirements and business objectives as they relate to the design and user experience of the product.
- Assist during the product planning and development process by creating user experience design deliverables and artifacts when appropriate.
- Build consensus across different internal teams by leading design reviews with stakeholders and acquiring approvals through effective communication, documentation, and planning.
- Identify areas of opportunity to solve functional challenges through brainstorming, ideating, and designing solutions with other members of the team.
- Ensure the Doodles design system and patterns are well managed, meet business needs, align with internal and external requirements, and business priorities.
- Investigate and deliver user insights across diverse areas of focus that will lead to innovative design solutions in your work.
- Build industry-leading solutions by staying up to date with design best practices, emerging technologies, and the latest tools/techniques.
- Help drive and execute UX research studies and analysis to drive better product decision making keeping our products user-focused.
- Develop and grow a design team culture that adheres to the values of Doodles’ organization as a whole.
You’ll find success in this role if you have:
- 7+ years of hands-on design and management experience.
- A strong sense of interaction design best practices working within technical constraints.
- A collaborative and flexible approach to design that welcomes feedback and encourages iterative prototyping in a start-up environment.
- A passion for mentorship, collaboration, and teaching others.
- An in-depth portfolio showcasing past digital projects.
- Proven success working with customer-driven requirements on product-led teams.
- Ability to set culture and quality standards for a growing design team.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
Doodles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive, accessible environment for everyone. For questions or concerns regarding accessibility needs please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.