Aptos is looking to hire a Developer Relations Manager to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We’re looking for a talented, eager, and hungry Developer Relations Manager to support the growing developer community for Aptos.
This role will be a highly visible role in the organization and in the broader ecosystem. You will not only manage our day-to-day online presence, you will also be responsible for keeping your finger on the pulse of what’s happening in the broader crypto ecosystem. You will help with hiring and training a team of global developer relations managers. You should love community-building and have a knack for developing online relationships. You will be joining a lean team, and this role will have a lot of autonomy – you should be a self-starter and be capable of self-directed work.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborating with integration partners to design and launch new web3 protocols built on Aptos
- Improving developer experience by creating developer focused tooling, tutorials, documentation and blog posts
- Contributing to the technical design and implementation of new products and protocols on Aptos
- Coordinating, presenting at, and participating in meetups, hackathons, and conferences around the world
- Developing developer community engagement and growth plan
- Setting up the right systems and processes to ensure successful developer community building and participation
- Staying active and engaged on topics of cryptocurrency and NFTs, and interested in continuously learning about various types of these assets
- Working autonomously in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment with an emphasis on cross-team communication
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with internet culture, memes, Discord and Twitter
- Experience with programming languages such as Rust, Move, TypeScript
- Relevant background in a marketing and/or developer role, with experience developing successful campaigns in various forms, such as social media campaigns, product launches, and more
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as this role requires frequent communication to members of our community, members of our team, and various third parties
While our HQ is currently in Palo Alto, California, we support a 100% remote work culture and we are hiring across the world. We raised our first round of funding from some of the top firms led by a16z and Multicoin. In addition to our remote-friendly work culture, we offer the following to all Aptos employees:
- Health insurance coverage
- Equipment of your choice
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (i.e. RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants