Yield Guild Games is looking to hire a remote Director of Developer Relations to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Yield Guild Games is a decentralized gaming guild that pools funds to purchase yield-generating NFTs, and leverages players' time and effort to optimize community-owned assets for maximum utility and return.
By merging NFTs and decentralized finance (DeFi), YGG’s creates value for its partners and community by developing the content and economy of virtual worlds and blockchain-based games. The organization’s mission is to create the biggest virtual world economy.
YGG believes that NFTs and cryptocurrencies are providing transformative economic opportunities for people young and old in developing nations where jobs are lacking and crisis relief has been limited. Notable investors in YGG include Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Delphi Digital, BITKRAFT Ventures, Animoca Brands, Scalar Capital, and Fabric Ventures.
As one of the hottest start-ups in web3 in 2021, YGG is rapidly growing and we are looking for a Director, Developer Relations. You’ll report to the Head of Developer Relations to help build the strongest community of builders and creatives across web3 and gaming.
As a Director, Developer Relations your core responsibility will be to create programs that help educate and evangelize Play-to-Earn (P2E) gaming and other forms of web3 gaming to the greater game development community. Provide an entry point to YGG’s service and technology and help developers get their footing and on a path to building and bringing to market amazing new game experiences. You should be a value-oriented individual who thinks about the end goal of building success for developers and be able to build and navigate complex relationships within a variety of project types including: marketing, education and content, accelerators, and product development.
- Work with the Head of Developer Relations on continually updating the YGG strategic plan and roadmap for the developer ecosystem at scale.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a priority game development organizations and individual developers across the entire industry (AAA, AA, Indie, web3, VR).
- Help new referrals and existing partners that are lacking investment or developer resources match with vetted third-party investors and developers. Design and maintain a tracking methodology for all ecosystem developer projects and availability.
- Design and develop new programs and products that will serve the greater games ecosystem develop new web3 and P2E gaming projects.
- Help build a network of international community leaders that can help facilitate local events and programming and help recruit for virtual events and content development.
- Work with content and community team to develop and deploy curriculum, dev portal updates, podcasts and newsletters.
- Serve as a game ecosystem wizard within YGG that disseminates relevant developer feedback and information to the investment, BD, and product team.
- Manage and grow developer communication channels.
- Lead the execution of partnership incubators programs and manage participation in third party events with the marketing and content teams.
- Support the CEO and Head of Developer Relations to negotiate commercial deal terms with partners.
- Attend international conferences, with a plan and full meeting schedule.
You’re a good fit if you’ve got
- 7 years of experience in the games industry, with a focus on product, developer relations, business development, or comparable field.
- Demonstrable experience understanding the current games industry, including product level understanding of games systems and economies.
- Experience being on or adjacent to a game development that has shipped products is a plus.
- Experience in blockchain is a plus.
- You must love games, be a player of games, and care deeply about the developers and players of games.
- You are Hemmingway and Churchill, with high empathy and awareness. Exceptional people and communication and skills, both written and verbal.
- You demonstrate great flexibility and humility. You will often have to roll with the punches and context-shift quickly.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit. You will be solidly managed, but not hand-held.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time while providing the energy to move them forward.
- A big fan of data and the ability to identify trends and report on them.
- Experience with Gsuite, Airtable, Hubspot, Discord, Telegram. Photoship and Figma skills a plus.
- Meet everyone in the games industry
- Remote working is actively supported.
- Competitive salary and upside.
- Flexible working hours and family-friendly considerations.