Aptos is looking to hire a Director of Finance & Accounting to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About the Role
We are seeking a Director of Finance and Accounting to oversee management of financial statements in accordance with GAAP, prepare forecast and budget data, analyze & prepare key financial schedules/deliverables and assist in other special reporting projects as needed. This role will entail hands-on management of accounting and reporting.
What you'll be doing:
- Working directly with senior management and business partners in conducting constructive assessment of financial results and providing guidance and direction on operations from a finance perspective.
- Performing financial statement analysis, review and comparison of P&L to operating plans and forecasts.
- Interfacing with senior management and other departments to review financial performance, explain and control variances and assist in achievement and tracking of financial objectives.
- Directly working with management in business and financial planning, forecasting and budgeting.
- Managing forecast, budgeting and variance spending analysis.
- Identifying business issues that may have accounting and finance implications and communicate and involve the appropriate corporate function.
- Responsible for preparation and oversight of financial statements in accordance to GAAP, including maintaining balance sheets as well as preparing and analyzing the P&L.
- Month end close and GAAP reporting, including recording of appropriate accruals.
- Ensuring that all receivables, receipts, and payable items are processed and recorded accurately and timely; participate in and monitor collection of receivables and payment of payables.
- Assisting with special projects as assigned
- Developing and leading strategies, operations, policies and budges relating to treasury activities including token holdings, custody solutions, and trading
- Advising capital markets, borrowing, investing, foreign exchange, treasury operations, financial risk management and corporate finance initiatives
- Supervising the maintenance of internal controls designed to safeguard corporate assets and the integrity of its fiscal systems
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP, SEC, FASB, SOX and other regulatory requirements
- Developing financial forecasts and monitors financial health, monitoring guardrails around financial commitments
- Providing strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization (i.e., review of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments)
- Leading the treasury function, including meeting short and long-term funding needs
- Handling aspects of risk through accounting, audit, planning and treasury functions
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree with an Accounting, and/or Finance emphasis and/or equivalent combination of education and experience; CPA or MBA preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in finance, accounting, and treasury
- SaaS/startup experience preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Effective as part of a team; ability to interact with internal and external customers, managers and coworkers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to keep an open and objective view
- Ability to listen empathetically and be respectful at all times
- Ability to maintain composure and stay focused
- Ability to maintain personal integrity
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
While our HQ is currently in Palo Alto, California, we support a 100% remote work culture and we are hiring across the world. We raised our first round of funding from some of the top firms led by a16z and Multicoin. In addition to our remote-friendly work culture, we offer the following to all Aptos employees:
- Health insurance coverage
- Equipment of your choice
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (i.e. RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
Here are some similar jobs