Polygon is looking to hire a Director of Platform Business Development - Polygon Studios to join the team.
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 20,000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, :140M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
Polygon Studios (“PS”) is the facilitator of NFTs, blockchain gaming and decentralized metaverse applications on the Polygon network. Part venture studio, with access to a $100m fund it deploys as a strategic investor in Web3 decentralized applications and infrastructure, part business development firm that helps legacy IP holders develop and implement Web3 strategy, PS mission is to position Polygon as the go-to platform for those who want to venture into Web3.
This role is designed to be the business development and partnership lead for third parties building applications, services, and tools for use by Polygon’s ecosystem of developers as they create decentralized experiences for users. This could be data APIs, messaging, open marketplaces, payment service providers, publishing SDKs, rights management, whitelabel minting, whitelabel ticketing, and much more. This critical function will bridge all user-facing developer verticals such as art, defi, fashion, gaming, metaverse, music, social, sports, and entertainment.
The ideal candidate has at least 15 years of strategy and negotiation experience working with third parties in a business development and partnership capacity at entertainment, gaming, or social platforms.
Polygon Studios is committed to providing you with the required tools to succeed in your role. This is a senior level role reporting to the VP & Global Head of Entertainment+ Business Development that has support from junior staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identifying and evaluating new business opportunities
- Quarterly and annual goal setting
- Managing a pipeline
- Forging partnerships and integrating/onboarding ecosystem partners.
- There will be internal cross-collaboration with Polygon Studios developer relations, partner success, marketing, and other business development teams, as well as parent company Polygon Technology’s product groups.
What you need to succeed
- Understand industry best practices and trends within technology and advise how application, service, and tool developers can join the web3 Polygon ecosystem and interact with other developers in that ecosystem to provide them with expertise and value
- Build industry connections to be able to win new projects
- Grow relationships with existing leaders in platform solutions and discuss how they could shift business models to web3, including identifying the kind of tools required for Web3 onboarding, integrations with popular engines, turnkey service providers etc
- An ability to build strong relationships to maintain healthy, long term partnerships as well as to coordinate project onboarding to Polygon
- The ability to conduct advanced negotiations with decision makers in large organizations and with founders
- Leverage your industry connections to engage and advise on web3 industry trends and knowledge to move to web3Build a pipeline of projects from both inbound and outbound lead generation
- Existing relationships with third-party platforms and whitelabel providers strongly desired
- Knowledge about NFTs and Web3 is a plus
- Work from anywhere (Remote first)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Salary