Compound is looking to hire a remote Engineering Manager to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
The majority of cryptocurrencies sit idle on exchanges and in wallets, without yielding interest. We're on a mission to change that.
Compound is an interest rate protocol on the Ethereum blockchain, that lets developers create new financial applications that are global, safe, and open. The Compound protocol is one of the largest DeFi protocols on earth, with over $15 billion earning interest, and moving billions of dollars of assets every day.
At Compound Labs we develop the protocol and new tools, alongside a community of users and COMP token-holders.
As an Engineering Manager at Compound, you will work directly with the executive leadership team to establish, execute and achieve the company’s technical vision while managing the roadmap and priorities for the engineering team. You should be prepared to understand technical solutions in engineering and mathematical domains. You will apply that knowledge to help the engineering team maintain focus and velocity. We work across various stacks (e.g. the Ethereum blockchain, functional programming, formal verification) and you will be challenged, and hopefully delighted, engaging with engineers as we solve these problems.
At Compound, you will build high-caliber technology to propel the blockchain protocol, community-built experiences and business partnerships into the future of decentralized finance.
What You'll Do:
- Work with the CTO and executive team to establish, execute and achieve the company’s technical vision and scaling milestones to align with business objectives and users.
- Manage projects from inception to follow through, engaging with the engineers and stakeholders to maintain high velocity. You will be responsible for ensuring projects are documented, forecasted and that timelines are met.
- Align technical architecture, business strategy vision and long-term product priorities with cross-functional teams for smooth and orderly delivery of engineering projects.
- You will be expected to understand the problem domain and help choose wise engineering decisions. You will discuss, whiteboard and perhaps code-review solutions with engineers, while not writing code yourself.
- Help grow an engineering team to a few dozen talented individuals; you will help keep our team's vision of staying lean and productive.
- Be responsible for owning your team’s deliverables and ensure they continue to ship scalable, reliable and correct products.
What You Bring to the Engineering Team:
- Experience managing at least 5 engineers directly for at least 2 years. You may have similar experience in a Senior Lead of Engineering, Director / V.P. of Engineering or Engineering Manager role if you possess the qualities otherwise described
- Ability to define, forecast and document metrics for engineering excellence and designing processes to deliver
- Passion for coaching and mentoring team members to maximize their impact
- Ability to prioritize, manage and effectively communicate across multiple, often time-sensitive initiatives
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and leadership skills
- Ability to work and manage remote teams
Experience with these Technologies is a "Nice to Have:"
- 5+ years of technology leadership experience, directly managing teams of at least 15 engineers.
- Ethereum blockchain
- Solidity, or other smart contract languages
- Elixir, Phoenix or Exthereum
- Elm or React with Redux
- Z3, Prolog, Agda, Coq or formal verification experience
Benefits + Perks:
- Stock options in Compound Labs
- 3+ weeks of vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company on-sites across the world