Decent DAO is looking to hire an Engineering Manager to join the team.
Who are you?
- You have a passion for building bleeding-edge technology on the blockchain.
- You’re a creative thinker and analytical problem solver who is inspired by the opportunity to build new startups and products and is unafraid to push the boundaries of what’s possible with technology.
- You can write and speak fluent English.
- Engineering management is a nascent discipline at Decent. Our open source and globally distributed nature presents unique challenges and opportunities not found in traditional engineering management. Decent works at the intersection of many exciting fields (software engineering, cryptography, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open source, remote-first work). Engineering managers have the challenging and exciting task of taking the best from these cultures to support and empower engineering teams to deliver complex internet-scale systems in an environment defined by curiosity, passion, and a love for open source.
- Collaborate with the team and cross-functional partners on all aspects of product development.
- Identify and advocate for team-wide areas of improvement and best practices.
- Mentor team members to refine their technical and architectural skills.
- Magnify the impact of multiple teams of software engineers and open source contributors in their implementation of complex, distributed systems and protocols.
- Grow engineers’ skills, experience and confidence through regular 1:1s, coaching, actionable feedback, work and peer alignment, and career advocacy.
- Lead, improve, and document processes for technical prioritization, planning, design, implementation and releases in harmony with and expanding open source community participation.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders and adjacent teams to build a shared understanding and accommodation of competing priorities.
- Empower engineers to solve problems, fostering a balance of velocity and rigor through scalable, asynchronous decision-making practices.
- Maintain and strengthen a team and community culture of growth, openness, trust, rigor, humility, mutual support, and psychological safety.
- Advocate for and enhance Decent’s asynchronous, autonomous, and distributed working culture.
- Lead the process of recruiting great engineers for your project, in collaboration with Decent’s recruiting team.
- 5+ years of full-time professional engineering experience
- 2+ years experience managing software development teams
- Exceptional judgment, problem-solving skills, and an analytical mindset
- Demonstrable success as an engineering lead/manager fostering highly-functional, healthy, inclusive and collaborative teams.
- Technical credibility through lengthy software engineering experience with back-end and distributed systems and infrastructure.
- A strong desire for and history of contributions to open source projects and communities.
- Experience working with and/or managing geographically distributed teams.
- Actively coached, mentored and grown team members in their careers.
- Ability to thrive with a high level of self-direction, autonomy and responsibility.
- A track record of recruiting and retaining great people to your teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An excitement for collaborating with people across Decent towards our shared mission.
- Deep knowledge of software development and delivery best practices, you know when a team isn’t moving fast enough and you know how to fix it
- Clear passion for both software engineering and Crypto
- Experience with Node.js and React, bonus points for Solidity
About Decent DAO
Since 2017, our efforts to dismantle centralized power structures in finance have helped launch over 30 groundbreaking cryptocurrency products. Decent Labs’ agency-meets-accelerator model has enabled entrepreneurs to develop innovative solutions and take part in a radical industry transformation. Our passionate, highly skilled team has fine-tuned the art of building and scaling successful products at the crossroads of financial technology and digital rights.
Today, we pursue our mission on a grander scale, shifting our focus from client work to community empowerment. 2022 marks the genesis of Decent DAO, an open-source collective dedicated to connecting contributors across the crypto ecosystem with the cutting-edge tools and technologies they need to build thriving, self-sufficient communities.
Benefits & Perks
💰 Competitive compensation - We believe people should be compensated well for their contributions and are proud to support thriving careers in crypto.
🌍. Work virtually anywhere - The internet has been our home since day 1. No matter where you are, WiFi is all you need to stay connected to the mission.
🌱 Grow as you go - When you’re surrounded by industry thought leaders and collaborative visionaries, leveling up is inevitable. And if there’s a conference or course that interests you, we’ve got you covered.
✈️ Team retreats - Despite our distance, we routinely take time to come together in person, nurture relationships, and make incredible memories in beautiful places.
🏖 Generous paid time off - Supporting the health and wellness of each team member is a top priority. A happy team does exceptional work. But more importantly, we care because you matter.