Zora is looking to hire an Engineering Manager to join the team.
ZORA is a group of individuals working towards a new paradigm for creators by enabling the creation, curation, and collection of NFTs. We believe that by enabling a more equitable system for creators and communities, we will fundamentally rediscover the power of the internet.
We’re working tirelessly to make ZORA available to as many creators as possible. Our mission is to build a new creator and community-owned economy.
Who we're looking for
Zora is hiring for a front-line Engineering Manager who will help build our backend team. This team is responsible for designing, implementing, and extending the ZORA API and indexing services.
What you'll do
- Oversee the work of the backend engineering team
- Interview new engineer candidates. Mentor and coach engineers to develop their skills
- Valuably contribute to discussions about the engineering systems we design
- Champion best practices around documentation and ticket management
- Contribute to projects as needed
Skills we're looking for
- Managing teams in a startup environment, where sometimes plans need to change rapidly
- Ability to quickly understand problems and develop solutions that make sense for the team - you should be able to see through complexity and see what needs to be done
- Previous and excellent experience as an IC engineer or a tech lead
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think holistically in understanding the needs of your team, and the company at large
We'd love it if you had
- Experience working in blockchain technology
- Working with high-scale APIs
- Past contributions to open source libraries
We're committed to offering you a salary competitive to the market based on your experience.
Benefits & Perks
🏥 Top quality medical, dental, and vision insurance
🏖 Flexible time-off policy
👩🏻💻 New Macbook Pro for full-time employees
💸 Employees also receive equity
🌐 Our headquarters are the internet and we have employees all over the world