Aave is looking to hire an Executive Assistant to join the team.
The Aave Companies are focused on innovation in Web3 and have cultivated a thriving, collaborative culture. Valuing expertise and dedication, the Aave fam is welcoming, passionate, and eager to build great products. We celebrate differences and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool...and we're hiring!
- Unflappable and cool
- You know you are very good at what you do as an Executive Assistant. You are hard-wired to be a “right-hand”/caretaker and stoked to be able to do that within a fast-moving, high-stakes environment.
- You genuinely love calendaring and all it entails (thinking through the flow of the exec’s day, adjusting meetings to build in necessary breaks, padding travel times just in case, etc.)
- Motivated by getting the right person on the phone, finding the thing, having items arrive before someone else knows they’re needed
- Energized by working in high growth, fast-paced start-up environment, alongside a high-energy and decisive exec/leader who will value and respect your work
- Work swiftly and value accuracy and detail
- Your LinkedIn tagline might read: “I give my executive bandwidth to breathe.”
- (You do not need to have experience with blockchain-based software or the web3 space, but you should be excited about working in a high-growth tech company, alongside driven and engaged colleagues)
- Manage an extremely active calendar of appointments (which involve multiple time zones in the US and abroad); ensuring the schedule is organized efficiently, prioritizing the most important items, and resolving all conflicts in advance. *Note: the role will touch on some elements of the GC’s private life (such as ordering personal gifts, booking appointments, arranging things for her family, reminding her of upcoming social commitments, etc.)
- Arrange complex and detailed travel including international travel, itineraries, and agendas.
- Regularly communicate on behalf of the GC, which includes proactive outreach, replying on her behalf, and drafting emails and notes
- Keep track of GC’s deliverables and open items/projects and remind her of action items and deadlines. Seek opportunities to take on some of the work, where applicable.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the GC, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature; determining the appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Liaise between the GC and internal colleagues and external peers and audiences
- Work closely and effectively with the GC to proactively keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Manage a variety of special projects for the GC, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships internally and externally.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Stellar interpersonal skills.
- Professional demeanour in dealing with all situations.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn to increase proficiency in the role.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Ability to multi-task, deal with ambiguity and reprioritize tasks in response to unexpected changes in priorities/requests.
- Expert-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be independently effective.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Forward-thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Initiative and sense of urgency.
- Proven ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience supporting a C-Suite Executive (or equivalent)
- High proficiency with MS Office including Word, Outlook (specifically calendar management), Excel, PowerPoint, and Web2
- Experience working independently and handling sensitive, confidential material discreetly.
- Competitive salary + tokens + equity
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid time off
The company does have office space in Manhattan, but there is flexibility to work from home.
The GC resides in Westchester, so the ideal candidate will have the ability to meet in Westchester and Manhattan from time to time. It will be important to meet in person in Westchester and/or Manhattan when getting started in this position.
The company’s headquarters are in London, but at the current time, it is not anticipated that this position will involve travel beyond the greater New York region.
Not the perfect fit?