Story DAO is looking to hire a Full Stack Developer to join the team.
Story DAO is a radical experiment in community world-building. Our mission is to unlock the potential of every creator and fan around the world by building an open Hollywood production studio.
Our vision is to create a platform where communities can come together to create, contribute to, and ultimately become co-owners of the next generation of story franchises. Our hope is that these stories eventually become as culturally relevant as brands such as Star Wars, Pokemon, and the Simpsons.
We create the foundation for story universes in collaboration with established Hollywood writers and amazing visual artists. We then invite and incentivize creatives from around the world to experience our immersive stories and help us build these stories into expansive community IP.
It is the ultimate fan experience - you have access to some of the most famous writers and producers in Hollywood, own the characters, help govern the DAO treasury, and have the opportunity to actively participate in the story development. We are pioneering a “create to own” model.
Story DAO is backed by some of the biggest influencers, VCs, DAOists, and Hollywood talent in the world. Our membership includes the following people and firms: Collab + Currency, Gmoney, Shelby and Sandy, Metaversal, Cooper Turley, Jess Sloss (Seed Club), The Story Brothers, Aaron Wright, Pri Desai, Flamingo DAO, The LAO, Andrew Steinwold, Josh Rosenthal, Packy McCormack, Roneil Rumburg (Audius), James Beshara, Seed Club Ventures, Lloyd Braun (Endeavor), SFermion, Sonny Lee (Silicon Valley), Sabrina Han, Ariel Shaffir & Kyle Hunter (Sausage Party), and Patrick Rivera (Mirror)We are a rapidly growing startup moving at the lightning-fast pace of crypto.
We are a rapidly growing startup moving at the lightning-fast pace of crypto. The candidate we select will play an essential role to the development, culture, and future of the company, as well as paving the way for this new approach to entertainment.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to produce scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
If you’re also familiar with Agile methodologies and have played around in web3, we’d like to meet you.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with common web stacks
- Knowledge of front-end languages and frameworks (JS, TS, React)
- Knowledge of back-end languages and frameworks (e.g. Node, Go/mux, Firebase Functions)
- Familiarity with databases (NoSQL + SQL, query builders, ORMs), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- An analytical mind
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field
Benefits & Perks
- Healthcare: Benefits start day one. We cover 100% of employee 80% of dependent premiums.
- Compensation: Story DAO strives to ensure equitable pay and equity across all levels through data-driven decisions.
- Health & Wellness: Each Storyteller is eligible for a $75 monthly stipend for health and wellness
- Learning Stipend: We provide a $1,000 annual Learning stipend for classes, courses, or conferences.
- Learning & Development: Annually, we offer $1,000 to our Storytellers so they can learn new things and develop their skillsets.