Gitcoin is looking to hire a Full Stack Engineer (Bounties & Hacks Team). This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
At Gitcoin, our mission is to build and fund digital public goods. We empower communities of builders to connect and work together to create the future of the open web. Gitcoin started as a bounty platform back in 2017, with the Gitcoin Grants product becoming the main focus the past couple years. Now that the Gitcoin Grants product is run by the GitcoinDAO; hackathons and bounties on Gitcoin are the main product focus for Gitcoin Holdings going forward.
In 2021 alone, the Gitcoin Virtual Events team hosted 39 hackathons with 30,000 participants and more than 10,000 projects submitted. Hackathon partners and sponsors paid out more than $9.2M in prizes through our platform; rewarding developers, designers, and creators of all types be able to earn and learn from building open source software in Web3.
About the Role:
We are looking for a full-time Senior Full Stack Engineer to join Gitcoin Holding’s Virtual Events team in developing our Hackathons and Bounties platform. In this role, you will serve as a player coach, working alongside the events team to build out a completely new bounties & hackathons product to continue our reputation as the best place contribute to open source software and other public goods in Web3 for years to come. Bull or bear.
Working in our Virtual Events team you’ll be leveraging our internal experience with the first product, and be guided by our partners and customers needs to build the version 2.0 that they dream of.
We are looking for someone who is a builder at heart and excited about actively leading development and shipping from start to finish.
Timeline to Start: We would love to have someone start in this role by early August 2022 and join us for a team retreat at the end of the month.
You have solid experience with the full MERN (or similar) stack, writing code for both backend and frontend, in addition to being able to have these interface with L1 and L2 blockchain protocols.
- This role requires you to be experienced in building a product from end to end, you have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You are driven to build software people notice.
- You value being in a team, building as a team, and shipping as a team.
- You value establishing a working end to end system before diving deep to iterate on refining the perfect component
- You are persistent in the face of roadblocks. When you can't get something done, you communicate consistently and clearly, so your team knows how to help.
- You value psychological safety, giving and receiving feedback, and working in a no-blame culture.
- You deeply value automated tests. The build stays green.
- You advocate for and understand how to incrementally refactor code to continually improve a codebase while ensuring that the systems are designed to scale.
- You agree that a passionate, inclusive, collaborative team of missionaries always outperforms a loose group of individual mercenaries.
- You have previous experience building and shipping a SaaS product.
- You have an eye for modern web design.
Our Tech Stack
Note: We don't expect candidates have every one of these skills before applying, however we expect them to be an expert in some, well versed in others and open to learning all.
- Front End: Typescript, React (or similar), HTML, CSS
- Infrastructure: AWS, ECS, Pulumi, Fleek, Vercel
- Automated testing: Jest, Hardhat
- Web3: Solidity, Ethereum, TheGraph, IPFS, Ceramic, cross-chain integrations, browser-based crypto wallets such as MetaMask
We believe that our team’s diversity is a strength. Ensuring our team is made up of people from all different backgrounds will lead to the strongest, most performant teams. We welcome applicants from any and all backgrounds.
I am an experienced engineer but I haven’t worked with Web3, crypto, or ReFi before... should I apply? Yes! This is a new and growing space. If you are passionate about learning new things and excited to dive into a new, expanding field, come grow with us!