Yield Guild Games is looking to hire a remote Game Operations Manager to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Yield Guild Games is a decentralized gaming guild that pools funds to purchase yield-generating NFTs, and leverages players' time and effort to optimize community-owned assets for maximum utility and return.
By merging NFTs and decentralized finance (DeFi), YGG’s creates value for its partners and community by developing the content and economy of virtual worlds and blockchain-based games. The organization’s mission is to create the biggest virtual world economy.
YGG believes that NFTs and cryptocurrencies are providing transformative economic opportunities for people young and old in developing nations where jobs are lacking and crisis relief has been limited. Notable investors in YGG include Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Delphi Digital, BITKRAFT Ventures, Animoca Brands, Scalar Capital, and Fabric Ventures.
Game Operations Manager:
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual that has the experience and knowledge of blockchain gaming to ensure the workflow of the Game Operations team. The role of the Gaming Operations Manager is to work closely with the YGG community to ensure the successful deployment of YGG assets into new games that YGG invests in. The role involves ongoing monitoring of our activities in games and communication across teams to ensure we have the appropriate infrastructure in place to build witharound each of our partnered games.
- Work with GameOps team to develop strategy, communicate and execute actionable items.
- Work closely with the community leaders of partnered games to create the vision and build towards it.
- Help to identify and onboard “Game Ambassadors” from the YGG community and from within external Gaming Communities.
- Monitor Game Ambassadors on an ongoing basis
- Progress the Game Ambassador role to elevated roles depending on game success
- Develop strategies and systems to improve the success of YGG in the games it participates in
- Work within the YGG core team & YGG community to ensure the successful deployment of game projects
- Assist in identifying the distribution of game asset during a games lifecycle as it pertains to the need of the community
- Coordinate with the community and the ops team to create efficient asset deployment mechanisms
- Be a passionate, self motivated individual preferably with experience in operations
- Possess excellent leadership, communication and management skills
- Deep understanding of video games preferably with Play to Earn blockchain games specifically
- Demonstrate a track record of defining strategies in partnerships & team management
- Ability for moderate to frequent travel and adaptability to various hours of work at different times of the day
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organizational control of operations and customer success
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications; Google Suite, Asana, HubSpot CRM and Notion
- 100% remote work and flexible schedules
- Experienced team of blockchain developers and credible investors
- Quick progression opportunities with the ability to grow with and create a meaningful impact across the world in a high-growth startup
- Salary will be paid in USDC and is based on a combination of experience, time available to spend on the project and market pay rates.
Not the perfect fit?