Alliance is the leading Web3 accelerator and founder community. Since early 2020, we've helped the top 1% of Web3 founders start and grow their companies. We do so through a 9-week program led by leading experts. Our community includes fellow founders, lawyers, auditors, market makers and more. Together, we will grow Web3 to one billion users by 2025.
In March of 2020, top-tier trading and venture firms CMT Digital, Cumberland DRW, Jump Capital and Volt Capital joined to form the DeFi Alliance, an accelerator program to help early stage DeFi startups source liquidity. We accelerated more than 90 startups with the support from more than 200 entities in our support network. In January of 2020, DeFi Alliance and hundreds of other top builders joined forces to form Alliance DAO, the world's first digital startup nation, to accelerate the best Web3 startups.
Web3 Accelerator Program. A 9-week program featuring talks from leading experts, hands-on mentorship, demo days and more to help build your project and community.
Alliance DAO Network (ADN). A community of stakeholders in the Web3 startup ecosystem. Our members include fellow founders, lawyers, auditors, market makers and many more. Our community is supported by various online products such as a founder’s forum, web app, jobs board and governance tools.
What We Offer
🤩 Work with world-class Web3 founders, investors, and other industry leaders and be exposed to the most exciting projects working at the cutting edge of Web3
🤝 Join a growing team with a strong reputation, investment portfolio, and Accelerator business led by experienced entrepreneurs who have founded some of the leading companies in the crypto space
💰 Competitive salary
📈 Competitive equity/token compensation
🏝 Unlimited vacation policy
🦷 Medical, dental, and vision
🏡 A remote work environment with an international and diverse team
Head of Finance
Compensate: Competitive salary plus equity/tokens
Start Date: Immediately
Our investment manager is seeking a Head of Finance to lead its corporate/fund i) invoicing, payments and other transactions, ii) bookkeeping, iii) accounting, reporting and forecasting, iv) audit, v) equity management and entity structuring, vi) valuation, and vii) strategic vision. As our first senior financial hire, you will lead the execution of the above, build the necessary tools and processes to streamline, and grow the finance team and function over time. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience as Head of Finance, CFO/CRO, or other senior financial positions with experience at a startup and/or funds.
- Take ownership of the firm's corporate/fund i) invoicing, payments and other transactions, ii) bookkeeping, iii) accounting, reporting and forecasting, iv) audit, v) equity management and entity structuring, vi) valuation, and vii) strategic vision.
- Work closely with our COO, fund admin, accountants, tax and audit firms and other third party vendors to successfully execute the above
- Build the necessary tools, automations and processes to streamline all financial efforts
- Build and lead a team over time
- Lead or present at board, investor, or community meetings
- Issue equity or token grants to internal employees
- Specific early objectives include: i) assist in completion of year-end tax and audit, ii) build out tools or processes for on-chain bookkeeping/accounting/reporting, iii) finalize Fund II's valuation policy, iv) finalize process for monthly/quarterly corporate accounting
- Serve as a mentor and resource for our accelerator cohort founders
- Lead or participate in strategic treasury planning, practices, tooling and thought-leadership for DAOs
- Served as Head of Finance, CFO/CRO or other senior financial position with experience at a startup and/or fund
- 5+ years experience in financial roles with 2+ years experience in a senior or lead position
- 2+ years experience in fund or investment finance
- Exceptional skills in data and database management (spreadsheets, Python, SQL or other relevant languages)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Entrepreneurial spirit (willing to not only perform the internal work that needs to be done but to work with Web3 founders and build strategic treasury planning, practices, tooling and thought-leadership for DAOs