We are a multi-chain NFT Platform, pushing boundaries on Solana, Ethereum, Polygon, and Bitcoin! Our mission is to be a destination for discovery, self-expression, and ownership across digital cultures. Working at Magic Eden is a chance to dig in deep and to grow. We embrace fear, show up for each other with empathy and care, and embody a build-first culture. We ship first, improve always. We’re backed by Sequoia, Paradigm, Electric Capital, Lightspeed Ventures and many more.
Our love for NFTs created a deep desire and long-run mission: mass adoption. We want to bring NFTs to people’s everyday life and onboard the next billion users to the blockchain. To do that, we want to cover the ecosystem at large, regardless of chains! We believe Magic Eden will be the default destination for creators and collectors on web3.
We've assembled a world-class team of passionate builders pulling top talent from both scrappy startups and industry tech giants. We're looking for a Head of Security and & IT to build and lead a world-class Security and IT organization that will be responsible for our business’ information security, risk, compliance and IT activities. Given the scale and sensitive nature of the information that Magic Eden processes, security is core to our mission and we are looking to invest heavily in related activities and innovation.
You’ll have a passion for web3 and the vision to explore uncharted territories in the NFT/blockchain space. This is a real chance to become a thought leader with the support of an amazing cross functional team.
- Lead a security and IT organization that balances the need for high-quality security services with high velocity
- Keep the company, customers’ and consumers’ data safe
- Drive security awareness and presence within the community
- Engage with external parties to showcase the company’s security posture
- Ensure alignment on policy, procedures, and objectives with the rest of the company
- Provide guidance to Product and Engineering team to ensure risk is taken into account for all product development
- Define and drive the global information security and IT strategies
What you bring:
- 12+ years experience working in world-class security organizations
- 5+ years leading Security teams
- Deep technical skills across a broad range of security domains, including web3/blockchain.
- A deep understanding of what it takes to run a best in class, secure IT environment for a remote-first company’s employees.
- Experience driving programs necessary to achieve ISO 27001, SOC 2, GDPR, or equivalent certifications, where appropriate.
- Detailed knowledge of the security industry landscape and developments
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to directly represent Magic Eden and our security practices to strategic prospects and customers
Pay & Benefits:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Flexible PTO, 7 company holidays and 4 floating holidays
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- Wellness and work from home allowance
- Remote-first company
- 401k plan (in the US)
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. The base salary range for this role is $265,000-$350,000. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Magic Eden’s equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Magic Eden
Magic Eden is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Magic Eden believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Magic Eden also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Magic Eden’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
This employer participates in E-Verify.