Polygon is looking to hire a Manager, Accounts Payable to join the team.
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 7000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, ~100M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
The Accounts Payable Manager must have solid working knowledge of general accounting principles and be proficient in Excel/Google Sheets. The applicant should display strong organizational and communication skills and have the ability to prioritize and meet payment deadlines. Ideally, you are based on the East Coast as we are a globally distributed team across multiple time zones. You will lead our Fiat Accounts Payable team.
What you need to succeed:
- Manage full cycle accounts payable
- Assist with system implementations
- Ensure all invoices have proper backup, coding, and approvals before processing
- Enter all invoices in Accounting and AP software including international and multi-currency invoices
- Run and maintain an accurate AP aging report
- Process all subsidiary payments by means of weekly bank payments, ACH, Wires and Foreign Exchange within deadlines
- Process vendor credits
- Track recurring invoices and follow-up with vendors and employees to ensure they are received in time for month-end close
- Review balance sheet and P&L for accurate coding
- Resolve any outstanding payment issues
- Enter month-end journal entries
- Reconcile Credit Card monthly statements
- Handle high volume of emails and inquiries (as the main point of contact for vendors and employees), in a timely manner
- Assist with the management and development of AP staff members
- Perform other general accounting duties and projects as requested
- 5+ years prior experience in full cycle accounts payable
- Experience managing a team
- Experience working with a global company and multiple currencies
- We are currently banking overseas. The candidate will be expected to work outside US hours to facilitate payments and/or coordinate with colleagues in other jurisdictions (required). Over time, this requirement will come down.
- Working knowledge of BSA/AML/KYC norms will be a distinct advantage.
- Interest and basic knowledge of crypto/web3
- Must be tech-savvy, detail-oriented and a team-player
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a professional demeanor
- NetSuite or similar accounting system experience
- Concur or other AP automation tool experience
- Work from anywhere (Remote first)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Salary
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.