We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated product designer to join our team of talented developers and designers on a mission to make our products more accessible, simple, and secure.
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive an effort to organize and enhance design systems across all of the Aptos Labs products – understand gaps and opportunities, set the vision and ensure effectiveness of design systems over time.
- Collaborate with multiple product teams and lead the development and evolution of UI libraries and components across all platforms: iOS, Android, and Web.
- Work closely with engineering to define, iterate and execute on implementation.
- Champion design excellence and actively guide product designers to use the right components and patterns.
- Facilitate contributions from product designers to our design system. Review and give them feedback on their contributions, helping teach product designers about systems thinking.
- Conduct experiments with design and product to measure success and track the progression of design systems.
- Own design systems documentation, ensuring accuracy, ease of use, and discoverability.
- Advocate the design system within our company by communicating strategy, plans, and updates across the organization.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years design experience as a product or design system designer, working on mobile and web applications.
- Proven experience working with product and engineering teams to ship successful products and/or design libraries.
- Portfolio that showcases a mastery in visual and interaction design.
- Experience exploring and defining emerging patterns, evolving design systems through systems thinking and establishing scalable frameworks and guidelines.
- Exceptional skill in design and prototyping tools.
- Expert in Figma.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and/or interest in Web3.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $140k - $210k. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and typical maximum target for new hire salaries for the position of a candidate based in the Bay Area at any level. We do hire exceptionally talented professionals with decades of experience in their field. As such, our range may be higher than what is displayed. Our base salary ranges are determined by experience and location, and we hire at all levels for multiple roles. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, job-related skills demonstrated during the interviews, working experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only and do not include equity, tokens, or benefits.
- 100% insurance premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents (US Employees)
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible vacation time, 11 holidays, and floating company days off
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
- 401k matching (US Employees)
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital events
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace, and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.