MakerDAO is looking to hire a remote Project Manager to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
We are the team behind the TechOps Core Unit of MakerDAO. We work directly with the Maker Protocol, one of the oldest and most robust protocols in Decentralised Finance and Ethereum blockchain. We support other Core Units and startups from the Maker Ecosystem.
We are looking for a skilled Project Manager with experience in technical account management. In this role, you will be responsible for standard project management tasks, including collecting the requirements, backlog management, prioritization and tracking, budget management, and reporting. You will also be in charge of client relationships and business development.
- You’re enjoying working in an open-source (or just want to start your experience there).
- You’re passionate about De-Fi and Blockchain (or just want to start your adventure with it).
- You’re a collaborator at heart that loves to share knowledge with others and work in transparent and collaborative environments.
- You’re willing and able to learn new things fast.
What you’ll need
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Project Manager in IT infrastructure or software development working in agile/kanban/scrum environment.
- Experience working and collaborating in a 24/7 digital native environment (Discord, JIRA, Notion).
- Fundamental understanding of project management.
- High communication skills, including offering presentations.
- Familiarity with project management tools (Jira or similar), Google Sheets, etc.
- Experience producing various reports using tools like Jira ie. time tracking, roadmap progression etc.
- Familiarity with working in a startup environment in a remote-first environment.
The nice to haves
- Experience as an account manager in IT infrastructure or software development.
- Experience in creating pricing plans.
- General knowledge of crypto, blockchain primitives, DeFi basics, Maker Protocol.
- Collecting business requirements.
- Managing the backlog, prioritizing and tracking tasks, and reporting on progress.
- Budget management, monitoring, and monthly reporting.
- Creating and presenting offers, creating and negotiating contracts.
- Business development and maintenance of good relations with our customers.
- Competitive fixed annual salary.
- Attractive MKR incentives (learn more about MKR and MKR Compensation Plan).
- Ability to transit into the fast-growing DeFi/crypto/blockchain domain and work in the Decentralised Autonomous Organisation (aka DAO - learn more about DAOs And Why You Should Pay Attention) for the open-source project.
- Possibility to learn the crypto space and be a part of a scaling team with excellent potential for personal growth.