PartyDAO is looking to hire a Protocol Engineer to join the team.
You’ll work with the entire team to build new features and extend the Party Protocol, writing code and shipping to mainnet.
- You’ll do original and creative protocol work. PartyDAO is not another fast-follower in a vertical. We’re building for behaviors that require new mechanisms to be built from scratch.
- You’ll write and ship a lot of code. We move quickly and are not overburdened by process and meetings that get in the way of shipping.
- You’ll get to think about a range of technical problems. Amongst them:
- Inventing new governance models that enable large groups to coordinate freely without being burdened by gas costs, bureaucracy, or malicious participants.
- Handling on-chain accounting for group ownership in environments where membership may change or evolve over time.
- Building systems that allow groups to perform arbitrary on-chain actions while keeping held assets secure.
- Creating a composable protocol that can be extended as far as possible without frequent re-writes.
- Working on integrations with a variety of external protocols to make the Party Protocol a more flexible system.
- You’ll be involved with product, design, and front-end teams to ensure products integrate properly with protocol versions.
- Your code will be used by tens of thousands of users ranging from crypto experts to total beginners, and will facilitate millions of dollars of transactions.
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience, with at least 1 year of experience writing solidity code
- Experience deploying smart contracts to Ethereum mainnet
- Strong software engineering fundamentals with an ability to learn quickly
- Proficiency writing comprehensive unit tests for smart contracts
- Strong collaboration skills with protocol and frontend engineering teams
PartyDAO exists to make crypto multiplayer. We believe this technology is inherently social, with the potential to unlock new kinds of coordination that have never been possible before. To this end, PartyDAO builds software that helps groups of people coordinate together around shared goals.
As an organization, we deliberately pursue protocol work and product work side-by-side. We believe that powerful new products are created when protocol design influences product experience, and vice versa.
As we pursue this work, we prioritize building something powerful, flexible, and fun; we want our work to have an impact. To us, that also means a focus on originality - we’re not here to chase the inevitable. Instead, we aim to bring products to market that give people entirely new capabilities.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation in both USDC and tokens
- Full medical insurance coverage
- Unlimited vacation, with a team that encourages using it
- 12 week parental leave
- Home office stipend (computer, monitor, desk chair, headphones, etc.)
- A remote-first working environment - overlap with North American time zone
- A team that values companionship and adventure
If you’re interested in hearing more about this role, please reach out at email@example.com with a resume and any relevant projects.