Aptos is looking to hire a Release Manager to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We are looking for a Release Manager to join our Engineering Team. This person will drive the execution and build efficiency in our release & deployment process.
What you'll be doing:
- Scheduling, managing and coordinating releases across multiple different teams and projects for the Aptos networks.
- Constructing a release calendar for the different projects to have a centralized view of all releases.
- Work with the engineer team and tech writer to provide release blog post / release notes, collecting feedback from the community about the upcoming release features.
- Manage and mitigate risks and resolve issues regarding release quality and schedule.
- Continuously monitor projects and provide reports about their progress.
- Ensuring all team members are adhering to engineering best practices as well as enforcing production readiness policies.
- Monitoring the release process and collecting feedback from the different teams as well as customers for review.
- Making improvements on a regular basis to the release process.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of technical program management or release management experience
- Familiarity with development tooling and software deployment practices – sufficient enough to be able to independently understand and accomplish the goals within a tutorial (command-line interfaces, clouds, REST services, Python or Typescript)
- Deep analytical, prioritization and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in small but collaborative teams to achieve company-wide goals
- Experience in development and design of distributed computing environments
- Experience working in software product management
- Demonstrated passion for blockchain, cryptocurrency, and the Aptos mission
Benefits & Perks
🌐 Remote-friendly work culture, with HQ in Palo Alto
🏥. Health insurance coverage
🖥. Equipment of your choice
🏖 Unlimited Vacation time
📈 Competitive Salary
💸. Equity (i.e. RSUs)
💰 Protocol Token Grants
Not the perfect fit?