Magic Eden is looking to hire a Software Security Engineer to join the team.
Magic Eden is the #1 NFT marketplace on Solana. Our mission is to be the destination for discovering, trading, and creating NFTs. Magic Eden has been a community-first marketplace since day 1 and strives to be the most customer-centric NFT marketplace.
Magic Eden is a remote first company with competitive benefits and perks; all the roles are open for global talent.
Magic Eden is looking for a Security Engineer who is reliable, experienced and motivated to join our team. This role will focus on developing comprehensive threat detection capabilities, security testing of backend services and building tools for a secure development lifecycle. Our Security Engineer will be working closely with our engineering team to help keep Magic Eden’s user data, environments and employees safe. This role requires a good understanding of Security Engineering processes and the latest security technologies and softwares.
- Develop security training and guidance to internal development teams
- Assess security tools and integrate tools as needed, particularly open-source tools
- Familiar with common security libraries, controls, and flaws that apply to Rust applications
- Ability to discover and patch security vulnerabilities (OWASP Top 10)
- Proactively identify and reduce security risks in our code base
- Find and remove outdated and vulnerable code and code libraries
- You won’t be coding daily, but you will need to be proficient at reviewing code, discussing with engineers, and drive secure architecture decisions
- Continuously review and assess company projects/products, identify the risks, and help provide solutions
- Investigate events, triage potential incidents and work closely with our teams during these incidents to help drive response efforts
- You have a passion for security and open source
- 6+ years of security engineering/cybersecurity experience
- Experience securing infrastructure hosted on cloud server providers like AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Skills and experience in automation tools such as terraform and kubernetes
- Experience with testing and screening security software and monitoring networks for security breaches
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to solve problems as they arise
- Proficient in one or more of the following programming languages: Rust, Bash, Python, etc.,
- Strong security engineering fundamentals: network security, cryptography, authentication & authorization
- Understanding of basic knowledge about the NFT ecosystem
- Experience or knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker and Terraform codebases
- Someone who can collaborate and work well with other people
Magic Eden Offers
- Competitive compensation
- Getting to work in a dynamic environment and be part of an international team
- Working in a high impact environment with a fast feedback loop to implement immense personal growth