Polygon is looking to hire a Senior Compiler Engineer to join the team.
What is Polygon?
Polygon is the leading blockchain development platform, offering scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchains for Web3. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to major scaling solutions including L2 (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid, stand-alone and enterprise chains, and data availability. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized applications hosted, 1.6B+ total transactions processed, 180M+ unique user addresses, and $7B+ in assets secured. Polygon is carbon neutral with the goal of leading the Web3 ecosystem in becoming carbon negative.
What does Polygon Miden Team do?
Polygon Miden aims to be the most innovative and easy-to-use zkRollup for Ethereum. We will enable use cases beyond what is currently possible with EVM-centric architectures, e.g. parallel transaction execution and account abstraction. At the heart of our rollup is the Miden Virtual Machine - a zk-optimized VM designed from the ground up. Currently, we focus on the rollup design, recursive verification, and developer experience.
We want to enable software developers to build on top of our Miden VM. Therefore, we need a Senior Compiler Engineer. The Senior Compiler Engineer is responsible for developing and optimising Miden proprietary compilers for code hardening and security. You can design and define compilers from scratch, getting feedback and support from experts in the field. You will get to participate in innovative projects and languages. We need you to use cutting-edge technologies that help make breakthrough blockchain technology usable.
Read about the Miden VM in miden.polygon.technology.
What you need to succeed?
- Lead design and implementation of compilers from high-level languages to Miden assembly.
- Provide feedback and inform design decisions of the Miden Virtual Machine.
- Interface with the teams working on designing and implementing higher-level languages we target.
- Mentor junior compiler engineers on your team.
It would be nice if you are:
- Experience in Rust
- Interested in zero knowledge proof-based blockchain systems and programming language design.
- Have some familiarity with writing smart contracts, especially using Solidity.
- Passionate about compiler technology and open-source software and eager to learn, come and join us.
The goal of the Polygon total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
- Remote first global workforce
- Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee
- Company matching 401k with 6% match
- $1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance
- $2,000 Employee Development Program
- Unlimited PTO, with minimum required 10 days off annually for each employee
- Book Allowance Program…$200 per year
- Company issued laptop