Magic Eden is looking to hire a remote Senior Data Engineer to join the team.
- Conceptualize and own the data architecture in a cloud environment, while evaluating design and operational cost-benefit tradeoffs within systems
- Partner with leadership, engineers, program managers and data scientists to understand data needs, representing key data insights in a meaningful way
- Continually work to improve data reliability, quality, and support ongoing incorporation of new data sources
- Design and develop new frameworks and automation tools to enable partner teams to better consume and understand data.
- Influence product and cross-functional teams to identify data opportunities to drive impact
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of work experience in data engineering
- Familiar SQL, data modeling, programming languages like Python, Scala. Experience with data infrastructure and streaming technologies (e.g. Spark, Kafka) is a plus
- Self motivated, goal-oriented, strong work ethic, and automation mindset
- Strong cross-functional skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
About Magic Eden
- Magic Eden is the leading community centric cross chain marketplace. Our mission is to be the destination for discovery, self-expression, and ownership across digital cultures.
- Led by long-time friends Jack Lu, Sidney Zhang, Zhuoxun Yin and Zhoujie Zhou – collectively draw experiences from notable Silicon Valley companies such as Facebook, Uber, Google, Coinbase, FTX, dYdX, Amazon.
- They saw an opportunity to build something incredible and found themselves at the future of culture and community — NFTs. The rest is history, and the gang was formed. Magic Eden was born.
Working at Magic Eden
🏗 Magic Eden has a build-first culture
🚢 We ship first, improve always
🙏 We are inclusive and open
🏆 We know the stakes and accept our flaws with a champion’s mindset
🌱 Working at Magic Eden is a chance to really dig in deep and grow
🚀 There is no fear of failure here
🙌 We embrace fear and show up for each other with empathy and care.
🌍 We’ve mastered the art of working remotely as our team is spread across different time zones in Asia, Australia, Europe, and North and South America.
Benefits & Perks
🤝 A fast-paced and collaborative environment
💰 Competitive compensation and equity options
🏖 Flexible PTO, 7 company holidays and 4 floating holidays
🏥 Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
💲 Wellness and work from home allowance
🌍 Remote-first company (San Francisco, HQ)
🏦 401k plan (in the US)