Polygon is looking to hire a Sr. Business Development Manager - Games to join the team.
What is Polygon?
Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 37,000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, 140M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.
This role is designed to be a Sr. Director of Business Development and Partnership creation role for both existing and new businesses in the gaming industry.
The ideal candidate will have business development, partnership and strategy experience in AAA and Indie gaming. They would be able to leverage their industry connections to grow the gaming vertical for Polygon.
You will work with the team to lead Business growth for the AAA and Indie gaming industry at Polygon Studios. The activities include but are not limited to identifying and evaluating new business opportunities, reaching out, forging partnerships and integrating/onboarding game creators, publishers developers and ecosystem partners such as streaming and engagement platforms to the Polygon Studios Ecosystem.
This person will also be responsible for driving the gaming strategy for Polygon in partnership with the Vice President of Business Development, including managing a team, delivering on aggressive growth targets, and bring a do what it takes mentality.
You will work closely with the PS gaming team to grow adoption and deploy resources in the gaming vertical. You will also own driving internal product strategy and how that relates to gaming customers, define targeting strategies, and build annual operating plans.
Polygon Studios is committed to providing you with the required tools to succeed in your role. This is a Senior and will report to the Vice President of Business Development.
What you need to succeed:
- Understand industry best practices and trends within the gaming industry and advise how game studios can interact and join the web3 Polygon ecosystem.
- Build and manage a world-class BD organization
- Be willing to jump in the weeds with the team
- Drive executive reviews on gaming
- Preferable: Pre-existing knowledge about NFTs and Web3 gaming and concepts
- Have industry knowledge of gaming revenue points and lead discussions of moving to a web3 revenue generation business model of Play 2 Earn and Marketplaces.
- Build industry connections to be able to know and win new projects that are looking to build on scaling blockchains and win them over to Polygon through industry knowledge of Polygon being the premium scaling solution.
- Grow relationships with AAA and leading Indie Gaming houses in the industry and discuss how they could shift business models to web3, including identifying the kind of tools required for Web3 onboarding, integrations with popular gaming engines, turnkey service providers etc
- Account and project management to coordinate project onboarding to Polygon and engagement of different Polygon internal business units.
- Be able to hold advanced negotiations with high-level gaming studios and enterprise clients to allocate Polygon Studios resources to be able to win projects.
- Leverage your industry connections to engage and advise on web3 industry trends and knowledge to move to web3.
- Build a pipeline of projects from both inbound and outbound lead generation.
- 30% Travel - with attending industry events and forging new partnerships
- Work from anywhere (Remote first)
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Salary