Compound is looking to hire a remote Senior Engineer to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
The majority of cryptocurrencies sit idle on exchanges and in wallets, without yielding interest. We're on a mission to change that.
Compound is an interest rate protocol on the Ethereum blockchain, that lets developers create new financial applications that are global, safe, and open. The Compound protocol is one of the largest DeFi protocols on earth, with over $15 billion earning interest, and moving billions of dollars of assets every day.
At Compound Labs we develop the protocol and new tools, alongside a community of users and COMP token-holders.
As a Senior Engineer at Compound, you will help lead our team in building open, transparent, frictionless financial protocols. You will also build back-end services, third-party platform tools and front-end interfaces. We work in Rust, Solidity, Elixir, Elm, and are regularly pulling in functional programming languages and tools, forever learning and optimizing everything we make in the name of correct coding.
At Compound, you will be part of a cutting edge team building high-caliber technology that has a massive impact on the future of decentralized finance.
What You'll Do:
- Build smart contracts in Solidity for the Ethereum blockchain
- Understand, ensure and be passionate for the correctness of financial algorithms
- Build back-end web services that interact with blockchains
- Enthusiastically collaborate with a small team, owning and planning projects for long-term impact
- Build a platform of tools (on and off-chain) for the developer community
- Teach and mentor other engineers
What You Bring to the Engineering Team:
- Expertise building web-services for highly-trafficked web services
- Ability and desire to forever learn and implement new programming languages
- Exceptional judgment, strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills with a strong analytical mindset
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
Experience with these Technologies is a "Nice to Have:"
- Ethereum blockchain
- Rust language and/or Substrate blockchains
- Solidity, Vyper or Liquidity
- Elixir, Phoenix or Exthereum
- Elm or React with Redux
Benefits + Perks:
- Stock options in Compound Labs
- 3+ weeks of vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company on-sites across the world