Origin Protocol is looking to hire a Frontend Engineer to join the team.
Origin Protocol's mission is bringing NFTs and Defi to the masses and reaching the next 100M users in crypto.
Our flagship products are Origin Story (www.story.xyz), the NFT platform that has powered multiple record-breaking NFT sales, and OUSD (www.ousd.com), the first stablecoin that earns yield automatically while in users' wallets. Our NFT platform token, OGN, is traded globally on Coinbase, Binance, Huobi, and other exchanges (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/origin-protocol/). Our OUSD governance token, OGV, will launch soon and be immediately tradable on additional top exchanges.
We're looking for a senior Solidity engineer to contribute to the development efforts of our smart contracts. The ideal candidate would also have a strong security background.
We are looking for a talented engineer with strong front-end end development skills (React.js, CSS, JS).
Our platform is built on decentralized technologies (Ethereum, IPFS). We use React.js, Node.js, Postgres, ethers.js. As an early engineer, you will also be integral in setting both company and engineering culture and processes. You will help us evangelize the Origin mission and technology.
This is a remote position. We are a fully distributed organization, with team members across the globe.
- A keen eye for design and desire to make sure your work is pixel-perfect
- Experience with web3 blockchain technologies is a plus
- Experience with NFTs and DeFi protocol is a strong plus
- Bonus points if you have demonstrated open-source leadership or been involved as a contributor in a major open-source project
- Strong communication skills are particularly important as we are a distributed team
How to apply
Origin has an nonconventional application process. As an open-source project with hundreds of contributors, we hire almost exclusively from the open-source community.
There are no white-board interviews. Instead, we ask interested candidates to send us links to their open-source contributions. Alternatively, share your resume with us.
We also strongly encourage candidates to join our Discord to say hi and get themselves familiarized with our projects and community. As a bonus point, pick an issue from our public GitHub and send us a Pull-Request! We'll be there to guide you throughout the process.
Compensation and benefits
- We offer a competitive salary in USD and a cryptocurrency grant of Origin Tokens (OGN) and Origin Dollar Governance (OGV).
- Self-managed time off with a recommendation of 21 days minimum
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance through BCBS/Kaiser
- Quarterly Stipend to R3 Health to help you be your best self
- Company Sponsored 401k
- Stipend towards additional equipment beyond the company provided for home office needs, or toward co-working space.
- Distributed workforce with the ability to work from anywhere in the world
- Culture first mentality with periodic in person retreats to recharge and connect with your team
Origin is a well-funded decentralized crypto project, raising over $38M from Pantera Capital, Foundation Capital, Spartan Group, BlockTower Capital, HackVC, Sora, 1kx, and other top crypto venture firms. Our angels include Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Alexis Ohanian (co-founder of Reddit), and Garry Tan (managing partner of Initialized Capital).
The core team of ~30 includes a PayPal founder, 1st YouTube employee, and product and engineering managers/leads from Google, Dropbox, Palo Alto Networks, Pinterest, Coinbase, and other iconic companies.
The Origin community includes hundreds of thousands of community members and hundreds of open-source contributors. On the NFT front, we count Paris Hilton as an investor and advisor. We've worked with top crypto and mainstream talent, including Trevor Jones, Alotta Money, KSHMR, Don Diablo, Inspiration4/SpaceX, 3LAU, and Jake Paul. Several new startups are building on top of OUSD, and it is integrated widely across DeFi.