Gitcoin is looking to hire a Senior Full-Stack Engineer (Grants 2.0). This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
At Gitcoin, our mission is to build and fund digital public goods. We empower communities of builders to connect and work together to create the future of the open web. As of May 2022, we have helped developers, designers, and creators of all types raise or earn ~$60mm to fund their open-source ecosystems by enabling the community and institutions to fund each other with cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum or DAI.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Engineer - Full Stack to join us as a full-time contributor in the GitcoinDAO within our Gitcoin Product Collective (GPC) workstream developing the future of our grants protocol. In this role, you will work alongside fellow engineers, designers, and product managers as part of a dedicated product group to create new products, implement new features, and work to establish our protocol as the best place to raise and fund public goods in web 3. This role includes implementing architecture improvements, writing code for both our frontends and Solidity contracts on EVM compatible networks, empathizing with our users, stakeholders, and community, and collaborating to review, test, and deploy code with the rest of our engineering team.
What does it mean to work for the Gitcoin Product Group and the Gitcoin DAO?
- You can work from anywhere! Our completely distributed team spans 5 continents
- Learn and grow with an experienced and talented team that values hard work and continuous improvement
- Flexible time off (and a culture that takes it)
- Operationally, you build your working agreements collaboratively with your team, be clear about your availability, and work out the mechanisms you and your team need to be effective.
- Culturally, we are mission-aligned and motivated to be building new coordination systems the world needs to overcome our greatest challenges.
- You are driven to build software people notice. Grants 2 is a major evolution of what is already a pillar of the web3 funding ecosystem
- You like to ship
- You value being in a team, building as a team, and shipping as a team
- You value establishing a working end to end system before diving deep to iterate on refining the perfect component
- You are persistent in the face of roadblocks. When you can't get something done, you communicate consistently and clearly, so your team knows how to help
- You value working in public
- You value psychological safety, giving and receiving feedback, and working in a no-blame culture
- You deeply value automated tests. The build stays green
- You collaborate effectively with your engineering peers to identify problems/risks in architecture design and arrive together at optimal solutions/remediations
- You advocate for and understand how to incrementally refactor code to continually improve a codebase while ensuring that the systems are designed to scale
- You can empathize with customers and our user base to understand their needs
- You agree that a passionate, inclusive, collaborative team of missionaries always outperforms a loose group of individual mercenaries.
Our Tech Stack Note: We don't expect candidates have every one of these skills before applying, however we expect them to be an expert in some, well versed in others and open to learning all.
- Front End: Typescript, React (or similar), HTML, CSS
- Infrastructure: AWS, ECS, Pulumi, Fleek, Vercel
- Automated testing: Jest, Hardhat
- Web3: Solidity, Ethereum, TheGraph, IPFS, Ceramic, cross-chain integrations, browser-based crypto wallets such as MetaMask
We believe that our team’s diversity is a strength. Ensuring our team is made up of people from all different backgrounds will lead to the strongest, most performant teams. We welcome applicants from any and all backgrounds.
I am an experienced engineer but I haven’t worked with Web3, crypto, or ReFi before... should I apply? Yes! This is a new and growing space. If you are passionate about learning new things and excited to dive into a new, expanding field, come grow with us!