Maple is looking to hire a Senior Full Stack Web Developer for the Ethereum team to join the team.
Developed to solve the inefficiencies seen in traditional systems, Maple brings the corporate credit market 100% on-chain using smart contracts to remove time and cost frictions, and executed on blockchains for immutability.
Maple Finance is infrastructure for experts (pool delegates) to run on-chain lending businesses, and have three core customers Borrowers, Lenders and Pool Delegates. Maple offers Borrowers transparent, capital-efficient financing. For Lenders, Maple offers a sustainable yield source through lending to diversified pools of crypto’s premium institutions. Loans are managed and underwritten by sophisticated teams of credit analysts called Pool Delegates, who assess credit-worthiness and set loan terms with Borrowers.
Today the Maple team is 40+ strong, with staff from BlockFi, Kraken, Meta, Bank of America, Gemini and MakerDAO to name just a few blue-chip orgs. Team profiles are shared on our site here!
We are looking for a mature and talented Senior Web Developer that has several years' of first rate commercial experience. The position requires you to have a deep understanding of React, TypeScript and GraphQL. You will be working with 4 other developers on the Off Chain team in agile 2 week sprints on V2 of the web application stack.
This is a critical position requiring you to take ownership of key projects using React applications, Apollo GraphQL APIs and Graph Protocol indexed Ethereum state.
The right candidate will be truly passionate for the craft of software development. The role demands the highest standards of tested, linted and formatted code. We are a fully remote team located across Europe, the US, and Asia. We have two daily stand ups at 10am CET and 9:30am EST, this ensures suiting the individual team members core working hours.
This role puts the right candidate at ground zero of a Global Capital Markets platform for the future of Institutional Credit and they will heavily impact/influence the further development of it over the coming years. In just 4 months Maple V1 has surpassed $170 million of USDC deposits into the protocol via the web application, the concept is proven and we are leveling up dramatically.
We require a developer with high Code Quality standards to match the scope of our vision to expand the digital economy. In this role you will build the innovative features that our users will find the most valuable. To achieve this you will be using the most cutting edge tech & tools available, in these fast exciting times of Web3 exploration!
- Design and implement a functional user-friendly experience
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Engineering teams to define, prioritize and develop solutions/features
- Own and plan projects and products end to end for long-term impact – including UI, backend, testing, etc.
- Reviewing application requirements and interface designs.
- Developing and implementing highly-responsive user interface components using React concepts.
- Troubleshooting interface software and debugging application codes.
- Monitoring and improving front-end performance.
- Documenting application changes and developing updates.
- Coding out a Landing page with good knowledge of HTML and CSS fundamentals.
- Expert level React with preference for working with hooks
- Open Source software development experience with expert Git and Github skills
- Advanced knowledge of GraphQL backends
- Deep understanding of software documentation procedures
- Preference for Test Driven Development (TDD) and highly testable code
- Apollo Federated Gateway API knowledge
- Ethers.js, MetaMask, WalletConnect and other Web3 technologies on Ethereum.
- Great if you've used Graph Protocol and Ethereum blockchain indexing tools
- Fluency in English
What's in it for you
- Base salary of $140K+ per annum. Paid in your choice of crypto (USDC) or local fiat currency
- MPL token allocation, giving you a stake in Maple’s long term success
- 30 days paid time off per year
- Fully remote and flexible working giving you the autonomy to live and work your way
- Optional access to shared working space at your local WeWork or equivalent
- Contract or full time employment opportunities including all local statutory benefits
- Fully transparent and collaborative team culture
- Funding for personal skills development
- Annual team offsite events
- Help define the future of Maple and be part of the vision to expand the digital economy
Our Tech Stack
- Graph Protocol
Last but not Least!
With our current 7 lending pools collectively having almost $1B in TVL across the Ethereum and Solana applications, and further pools imminent, now is the time to join the most exciting project in DeFi.
Since our launch in 2021 we've been building strong partnerships with Circle, Alameda Research, Framework, Polychain, Wintermute, Orthogonal Trading, Maven 11, BlockTower, Celcius, X-Margin and more. Having found product-market fit, Maple is focused on growth in 2022 and aims to reach $5BN in TVL by year end.
If you subscribe to the values of Maple - Personal Ownership, Focused Execution, User Prioritisation, Innovative Mindset - and want to be part of a collaborative culture focused on bringing Global Finance into the future, then we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your application and will be in touch after having a chance to review.
In the meantime, here are some links to more information about Maple to help you check us out: