Aave is looking to hire a Senior Fullstack Engineer, Fintech to join the team.
The Aave Companies are focused on innovation in Web3, and have cultivated a thriving, collaborative culture. Valuing expertise and passion, the Aave fam is welcoming, passionate, and eager to build great products. We celebrate differences and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool...and we're hiring!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Fullstack Engineer to help build out a groundbreaking FinTech application from the ground up, which will become a critical piece of architecture for the next stage of Web3 and crypto adoption.
The ideal candidate should have a background in the traditional FinTech industry and also be curious about Web3. They are excited to help build a quality foundation, drive key decisions early on, and set up the product for long term success.
This role is remote friendly. For coordination purposes, it is preferred that you are located and working within the GMT-PST time zones.
- Build user flows across both web and backend (React and Node)
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Engineering to define, prioritize, and build FinTech/Web3 features
- Drive detailed project definition and cross-functional alignment
- Design and architect backend REST and/or GraphQL APIs
- Work with external stakeholders in the FinTech industry to integrate solutions
- Become a subject matter expert in payments and Web3
- Collaborate with frontend, backend, and smart contract developers
- 5+ years of relevant experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code in production systems at scale
- 2+ years of experience with React.js
- 2+ years of experience in Typescript and Node
- 2+ years of experience building scalable solutions on top of AWS or GCP infrastructure
- Experience building FinTech products
- Experience working with container technologies like Docker
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with GraphQL APIs and frameworks like Apollo Server
- Experience with database development with both relational databases and NoSQL databases, like PostgreSQL, Redis, DynamoDB or similar
- English language fluency
- Experience working in Web3 or an eagerness to learn
- Excellent work ethic with the ability to work quickly, efficiently, and to multitask
- Desire and ability to innovate and improve upon current processes
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Experience with web3.js or ethers.js, and developing DeFi applications and/or FinTech applications is a plus
- Flexible working with office based in Central London (W11)
- Private health care
- Private dental care
- Pension scheme
- 25 days paid holiday
- Front seat into position on working with decentralized financial technologies
- Guaranteed innovation-driven work environment
Not the perfect fit?