Aave is looking to hire a Senior Fullstack Engineer Web3 to join the team.
The Aave Companies are focused on innovation in Web3 and have cultivated a thriving, collaborative team environment. Valuing expertise and dedication, the Aave fam is welcoming, passionate, and eager to build great products. We celebrate differences and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool...and we're hiring!
We are looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer with experience in DeFi and Web3 to support and grow our engineering team across a variety of different products from the Lens Protocol to other new primitives. This role will focus primarily on developing Web3-based applications from the ground up, and continuing to build critical pieces of technological architecture for the next stage of Web3 and crypto adoption.
Although the role is remote-friendly, it is preferred that you are located and working within the GMT-PST time zones for coordination purposes.
- Work with smart contract engineers to design and implement a functional user-friendly experience for Web3 technologies.
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Engineering teams to define, prioritize and develop solutions/features for Web3 products.
- Collaborate with frontend, backend, and smart contract developers.
- Own and plan projects and products end to end for long-term impact – including UI, backend, testing, etc.
- Help identify friction points and implement solutions to improve potential bottlenecks in the development process.
- 5+ years of relevant experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code in production systems at scale.
- 2+ years of experience with React.js.
- 2+ years of experience in Typescript and Node.
- 2+ years of experience building scalable solutions on top of AWS or GCP infrastructure.
- Experience with web3.js or ethers.js, and developing DeFi applications.
- Familiarity with Solidity development and a passion for DeFi and Web3.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills with a strong analytical mindset.
- A deep understanding of the architecture of modern Web3 applications and backends.
- Experience building and maintaining a production system at scale.
- English language fluency.
- Able to make informed decisions that require a quick turnaround.
- Able to quickly understand and synthesize complex and nuanced technical information into big-picture, actionable insights.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field preferred.
- Flexible remote working or office based in Central London (W11) with GMT-PST time zone preferred for coordination purposes
- Gym membership and daily lunch delivery perk if office based (based on eligibility)
- Strong healthcare benefits
- 25 days of paid holiday
- Front-row seat in the development of a Web3 future and new job category
- Innovation-driven work environment
Not the perfect fit?