As a Senior Protocol Engineer at Compound, you will help lead our team in building open, transparent, frictionless financial protocols. You will be given the opportunity to design, build, test, and deploy smart contracts that make DeFi more secure, capital-efficient, and useful. We work in Solidity, Typescript, Rust, Elixir, Elm, and are forever learning and optimizing everything we make in the name of correct coding.
At Compound, you will be part of a cutting edge team building high-caliber technology that has a massive impact on the future of decentralized finance.
The majority of cryptocurrencies sit idle on exchanges and in wallets, without yielding interest. A greater number of assets are stuck in an old financial system and don’t have a path to being onchain. We're on a mission to change that.
At Compound Labs we develop protocols, governance systems, developer tools, and financial products to enable the future of finance. Most notably Compound Labs developed the Compound Protocol, a multi-chain interest rate protocol based on the Ethereum blockchain, that lets developers create new financial applications that are global, safe, and open. The Compound Protocol is one of the largest and most secure DeFi protocols on earth, with billions of dollars in assets earning interest every day.
What You'll Do:
- Build and test smart contracts in Solidity for EVM-based blockchains
- Ensure the correctness of financial algorithms
- Keep a pulse on the DeFi ecosystem and identify improvements or areas of growth for the protocol
- Enthusiastically collaborate with a small team, owning and planning projects for long-term impact
- Teach and mentor other engineers
What You Bring to the Engineering Team:
- Expertise in building and testing smart contracts using Solidity or Yul
- Familiarity with the current DeFi ecosystem
- Exceptional judgment, strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills with a strong analytical mindset
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
Experience with these Technologies is a "Nice to Have:"
- Layer 2 blockchains (e.g. Arbitrum, Optimism) and cross-chain bridges
- Foundry or Hardhat
- Typescript, Elixir, Phoenix
- Elm or React
Benefits + Perks:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options in Compound Labs
- 3+ weeks of vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Company on-sites across the world
- Remote available with the option to work in our downtown SF office (metro accessible with transportation stipends)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, age, veteran status and sexuality to apply.
Founded in 2017, Compound Labs is backed by leading investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Bain Capital, Paradigm, Polychain Capital and Coinbase Ventures.