0x is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer // Head of DeFi to join the team. This is a full-time position that is remote or in San Francisco.
At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We're a highly technical, globally distributed group of teams working together to actualize that mission.
Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of the 0x protocol; a network of open-source infrastructure, tooling, and cryptocurrency-based incentives that facilitates decentralized exchange of blockchain-based digital assets.
0x is a secure, publicly owned, publicly governed, upgradable software standard that’s abstracted away from application-layer developers and enables interoperability between blockchain-based applications. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.
About Periscope Trading
Periscope Trading is a special division of 0x Labs. Founded in April 2020, we focus on providing liquidity as “Market Makers” on all sorts of crypto markets, with an initial focus on providing on-chain liquidity via the 0x protocol.
Periscope embraces a broad landscape of opportunity including: token arbitrage, multi-chain market making, sophisticated liquidity provision into AMM’s, derivatives, “play to earn” arbitrage and mining, and more.
The Role: Senior Software Engineer // Head of DeFi
We're seeking a full stack DeFi developer with high Leadership “IQ” to help scale our initial success stories into a multi-strategy, international trading desk and further explore the tidal wave of emergent trading opportunities.
The ideal candidate thrives as a LEADER as well as working independently as a high-output individual contributor. At the same time, also enjoys working collaboratively with a small and fast-moving team. You already have experience with traditional, crypto, and “defi” financial software, crypto trading, and an aptitude for smart risk taking, and you are now seeking an avenue to deploy your experience at greater scale, with a teamwork mindset. You will help us integrate our existing systems with various off-chain and on-chain DeFi protocols on Ethereum and other blockchains.
You have a robust mix of personal experience with:
- Guiding a software development team of 5-10 to project completions
- Track record of same, including both development achievements and trading/risk taking achievements
- Software development
- Test-driven development
- Automating // streamlining the development/deployment workflow
- Participate in code reviews for other internal projects
- Trading (personal or professional asset management)
- Theorizing trading strategies as well as writing code to execute same
- Embracing economic risks and competitive game theory in seeking high “+EV” outcomes (poker, sports betting)
- Asset risk management: e.g. delta neutral strategies, basic hedging, borrowing, position sizing
- “Perps”, futures, options, and other derivatives
- Building systems that interact with Ethereum and other blockchains, esp.:
- Understanding smart contract architecture and their high-level patterns
- Network interactions (e.g. contract calls, transactions, gas mechanics)
- Understanding and interacting with the application layer (e.g. DEX’s & DeFi)
- Uniswap / Compound / AAVE / MakerDAO / 0x / DyDx
- DeFiSaver and “contract wallets”
- Yield farming and liquidity mining
- Security best practices for hot wallets, hardware wallets, and multi-signature contract wallets
Our Tech Stack
- AWS -- basic (e.g. IAM, S3, Secrets Manager, EC2 + networking)
- Networking basics: HTTP/REST, websockets, SSH
- Ethereum libs, APIs
- Kafka, Postgres, Redis
- Docker and Docker-compose, K8s
- Highly competitive salary and equity (in 0xLabs) with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Trading Team bonus compensation based on performance
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
- 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Meals and snacks provided in office daily
- Laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
Not the perfect fit?