CoW Protocol is hiring a Senior Visual Designer to join the team.
About CoW DAO
- CoW Protocol is on a mission to create the fairest and most efficient venue for exchanging digital assets on all EVM-compatible chains. Since launching 2 years ago, we have passed $23bn (yes, billion) in trade volume and become the 2nd most popular DEX Aggregator on the market -- aiming for #1.
- We are an ambitious, fast-growing, and international team working at the forefront of DeFi.
- We believe that we can make markets both more efficient and fair by building the ultimate batch auction settlement layer across EVM-compatible blockchains.
- Protection from MEV. CoW Protocol is the industry leader in protecting users from frontrunning and sandwich attacks, which lose traders thousands of dollars every day. It does this by matching trades peer-to-peer and leveraging batch auctions [→] so trade order becomes irrelevant.
By joining us at this early stage, you will make fundamental decisions that will make fundamental decisions that will shape the course of the CoW Protocol.
About the role
CoW Protocol is looking for a world-class designer that will build, maintain, and continually execute an iconic visual identity for its consumer-facing brands, CoW Swap & CoW Protocol.
The successful candidate will join a fast-paced, dynamic startup with significant traction and a growth trajectory. They will report to the Head of Marketing, and work hand-in-hand with our Principal UI Designer.
What you’ll do
- Build an iconic visual identity for CoW Swap and CoW Protocol, in collaboration with our Principal UI Designer
- Set up and continually maintain a comprehensive design system in Figma
- Partner with a copywriter (future hire) to develop breakthrough campaign ideas and executions that promote various aspects of CoW Swap
- Design the majority of our consumer-facing visuals (yourself), including graphics, charts, video edits, and animations for our social channels, website, docs, forum, etc.
- Create digital ads (with and without motion) for social media, display, and other channels
- Create physical swag, sticker packs, banners, posters, OOH ads, and other collateral for a number of conferences and industry events where CoW Swap has a presence
- Assist the frontend team by rapidly designing and implementing new UX/UI elements that push the boundaries of decentralized interface design, with an eye toward performance, accessibility, and fun
- Help make our landing pages easily understandable and enjoyable to interact with
- Build design into a competitive advantage for CoW Swap
Who you are
- 4+ years working on visual design for iconic brands
- Demonstrated interest in DeFi and/or blockchain/crypto/web3
- Technically excellent in all aspects of graphic design
- Skilled in motion design, animation, and video editing
- Understands core UX/UI design principles
- Highly creative; capable of big, conceptual thinking
- Appetite to create best-in-class work on small scales (i.e. social posts, infographics, interaction design) as well as large
- Understands how brands work, and how brands grow
- Understands the creative process
- High degree of attention to detail
- Understands how people behave online, how memes work, etc.
- Able to identify opportunities for impact and work independently
- Skilled in the English language – able to suggest copy improvements, catch grammar mistakes, etc.
- Relevant crypto and DeFi experience
- Experience building for the Ethereum blockchain and ecosystem, general finance and/or game theory and mechanism design.
- If you can write HTML/CSS and understand React.js/Typescript
Benefits & Perks
⚖️. Flexible work environment: join one of our hubs in Berlin or Lisbon or work remotely with the option of joining a local co-working space
✈️ Regular trips to reunite with the rest of the team
🙌 High level of autonomy, independency and ownership
🏫 Conference budget to keep up to date with the developments of the ecosystem
📚 Learning budget to support your higher ambitions
🚀 Work alongside the biggest projects and names of the space
👩🏻💻 Is there something that interests you outside of your core tasks?→ Engineers can use your Friday afternoons on research or any side project in our ecosystem
🎯 Impact: you are joining a startup where you can make a huge difference. Your work matters!
📈 But most importantly - grow with us! We're growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do.