Goldfinch is looking to hire a remote Software Engineer to join the team.
Founded by two ex-Coinbase employees and backed by top investors including Andreesen Horowitz, Coinbase, IDEO, and Kindred Ventures, Goldfinch is a decentralized credit platform that is using crypto to empower financial inclusion around the world.
Our vision is to build a global, decentralized network that allows anyone to be a lender, not just banks. Since announcing the protocol in January 2021, the loan book has doubled every 2 months. We now serve thousands of end-borrowers across three continents and over 10 different countries. And we're just getting started.
As a Software Engineer at Goldfinch, you will be responsible — along with our world-class engineering team — for building impenetrable smart contracts and delightful web products for our customers to use. We ruthlessly cut scope and follow an agile methodology. We work to create a high trust, empathetic team environment with high standards of excellence and integrity.
This role is full time, preferably located in the Bay Area. Open to remote for the right candidate.
Projects You Might Work On:
- You would get to own greenfield components of our V2 projects, from the smart contracts to the front-ends. This might be our global currency hedging pool (which will allow borrowers in any country to borrow in their local currency), or our internal exchange, or our unique entity check system.
- You could build our investor dashboard on our front-ends, from scratch. This would be in React, and will involve fetching data from Ethereum, as well as potentially integrating with The Graph protocol.
- You could build a standalone deployment of our front-ends that could be hosted by any of our borrowers. This might involve working with AWS or GCP to make one-click deployments available to them. Remember, this is a decentralized protocol, so we aren't building for ourselves to own everything. We want to put power into our users hands, and remove ourselves as a point of failure.
With any of these projects, we often design together, and implement separately. You'd be expected to own implementation from end to end, while being an enthusiastic and collaborative team member with everyone else and their projects.
Who You'll Be Working With:
- Current team is a mix of tech and finance veterans, with deep crypto and emerging market lending experience from some of the best companies in the world, including Coinbase, Airbnb, Morgan Stanley, Yelp, Goldman Sachs, Branch, Medium, Stratos, and Twilio.
- We're an entrepreneurial bunch. A large percentage of the team has started their own company in the past.
- Excitement about crypto and the Goldfinch mission!
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Strong technical judgement, knows when to "build it right" and when "quick and dirty" is the right call
- A passion for building excellent products first, and using cool technology second
- Ability to work with little guidance and find paths forward
Technical Nice to Haves:
- Solidity or other blockchain development
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in crypto or blockchain startups
- Experience working in emerging markets
Benefits / Perks:
- All roles include meaningful equity and tokens
- Healthcare, dental, vision
- Occasional free lunch
- Maternal / Paternal leave
We aim to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds - not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. People from all across the globe and all walks of life participate in our protocol, and we'd like our team to reflect that. If you share our interest in DeFi and our passion for promoting financial inclusion, we'd love to have you on the team.
Not the perfect fit?