Aptos is looking to hire a Software Engineer, Blockchain to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
As part of the Blockchain team, you will be responsible for building the most production-grade L1 for everyone. You will work on initiatives from performance, reliability, scalability, decentralization, and incentives to enable the many safe and scalable applications to thrive. These projects will have an emphasis on quality, safety, and interoperability with other Aptos tools. The scope, as it currently stands, is open-ended, but some projects will be likely from the following areas: governance, tokenomics, decentralized finance, games, social.
What you'll be doing:
- Design core, backend software components, and code primarily using Rust that support a blockchain and its ecosystem of systems
- Use extensive experience to build, test, debug, and deploy large-scale decentralized systems across thousands of nodes
- Work with file systems, execution engines, programming language design, and consensus protocols to complete complex engineering challenges such as scaling up performance and reducing transaction latency
- Develop and maintain high-quality software engineering practices and principles in a highly visible open-source project
What we're looking for:
- 3 years (ideally 5+ years) of experience as a hands-on software engineer
- Expertise in networking, consensus protocols, parallel execution, storage, authenticated data structures, and/or caching
- Experience with a low-level programming language such as Rust, Go, Swift, or C/C++
Benefits & Perks
🌐 Remote-friendly work culture, with HQ in Palo Alto
🏥. Health insurance coverage
🖥. Equipment of your choice
🏖 Unlimited Vacation time
📈 Competitive Salary
💸. Equity (i.e. RSUs)
💰 Protocol Token Grants
Not the perfect fit?