Audius is looking to hire a Software Engineer - Frontend to join the team. This is a full-time position that is 100% remote.
Audius is a vibrant, decentralized & open-source community of artists, fans, and developers building a Web3 audio streaming protocol that delivers an unprecedented level of music sharing intimacy and platform ownership.
Our team envisions a world where artists and fans build equity in the systems they create and control the tools they use. We're hiring (remotely) across the US.
Backed by an all-star team of investors, Audius was founded in 2018 and serves over 6 million users every month, making it the largest non-financial crypto application ever built.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for passionate team-players to help us architect and build the most difficult parts of the Audius protocol (high availability services for decentralized replication of data, latency-sensitive distributed file transfers, Ethereum smart contracts, infrastructure and tooling for third parties to run our open source services). You are a collaborative engineer who enjoys working with a small team to solve big problems that need innovative solutions. You’re eager to jump into multiple parts of our tech stack and have strong CS fundamentals to do so. We solve a lot of problems that can't be easily Googled or searched on StackOverflow.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for passionate team-players to help us architect and build the most difficult parts of the Audius product suite (web, mobile, desktop, client libraries and APIs). You are a collaborative, team-oriented engineer who enjoys working with a small group to solve big problems that need innovative solutions. You’re eager to jump into any part of our frontend tech stack (web, mobile, desktop, embed player, sdk) and have strong CS fundamentals to do so. We solve a lot of problems that can't be easily Googled or searched on StackOverflow.
Our Tech Stack
What you'll do here
- Build and ship the next generation of music streaming features across web, mobile, desktop, and embeds
- Work closely with Product and Design to craft engaging, pixel-perfect experiences for artists and listeners
- Own features end-to-end through design handoff, development, testing and deployment
We would love to chat if you have
- Experience shipping significant user-facing features from start to finish
- Good computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, code fluency)
- Experience with and love of React
- Proficiency in HTML + CSS and an attention to detail superpower
- Familiarity with version control and agile software development methodologies
- Great interpersonal and communication skills and comfort working within a small team
- Experience working with designers
Benefits & Perks
⚖️ Competitive Salary & Token Equity
🏖 Unlimited PTO
🏥 Health, Dental & Vision
🏦 401K & FSA
🎸 Monthly Music Stipend
🏫. Annual Learning Stipend
🏡 Home Office Set-Up
🧘🏻♀️ Mental & Physical Wellness Stipend
✈️ 2x / Year Company Retreats
🙌 Budget for Team Meetups
👶 16 Weeks Parental Leave
🌐 Our company is fully remote and our team is currently distributed across the United States
If this role speaks to you, but your previous experience doesn't match the job description, please consider applying anyways! We're looking for smart and capable software engineers and highly value the ability to grow in your role. You might be the perfect fit!